A very personal question??

Options
Dmwinter5
Dmwinter5 Posts: 11 Member
So while I have been on this weight loss journey for 4 months, and have had good results, there has been a burning question I just have to ask. Will my stomach "overhang" ever go away? When i look in the mirror i hate this flap of fat that hangs over. I look way better in clothes. LOL Its not like I'm going to wear a bikini or anything but I'm wondering if this will ever go away or if I'll need surgery to get ride of it. I'd like to hear from people that have lost a lot of weight and see what has happened in their situation. I know this is a weird question, but if I'm gong to need to do 10,000 sit-ups I better stand now.

Replies

• cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on your age, your starting weight/how much you lose, how quickly you lose weight, etc. It's my understanding that skin will gradually tighten up a bit and regain some elasticity, but some people do eventually need surgery. Everyone is different, though.

Here's an article about it from someone who isn't trying to sell anything:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-greenfield/tighten-loose-skin-_b_1070172.html
  • Dmwinter5
    Dmwinter5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you, the article was very helpful.
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    It's been (almost) 2 years since I hit my ultimate goal weight (lost 50 lbs in 9 months) and the saggy skin has gotten better but it's still there.. I blame it on the age thing (turning 49 this year)... Truthfully though................I love my body more now than when I was a teenager/early 20s -- so I guess it's all good...