Introduce yourself

Options
How long have you been a member? What are your goals with MFP? Any good advice or anything else you want to share with us!! :)

Replies

• Pink_November
    Pink_November Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just joined. MFP goal is to keep track of my choices so that I can continue to do good. My advise woulkd be to not give up. Even if you started a yr or two years ago... if you are still trying, then you havn't failed.
  • pavlideskri
    Options
    Great advice pink_November!! I joined in December 2011 and was staying strong until summer then I just got too busy to keep track. I am back on as of last week and I hope to stick to it this time!! I need to, for my health!! Thanks for joining the group, glad your here!!
  • tracivee
    tracivee Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Traci and I've been on MFP for a few years now. I'm the typical yoyo type dieter/exerciser. Trying to stay motivated and lose this for good this time. Newly vegetarian/vegan and doing TurboFire and running regularly....nice to "meet" you :)
  • pavlideskri
    Options
    Welcome Traci! Congratulations on becoming vegan, that's awesome! I hear a lot of great things about turbofire. How long have you been on it?
  • tracivee
    tracivee Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've had TF for 2 years but never did much with it. I'd do it here and there but didn't really stick to it. I just started again about 3 weeks ago because there's a contest on Facebook through TF called the smokin' hot in 90 contest. We have to send in before pics, then day 30, day 60, and day 90 pics. Everyone who enters and sends in all their pics gets a free TF water bottle, but the top 10 winners get a bunch of cute workout clothes. So I'm really motivated this time. I really want to do well even if I don't win. There are thousands of entries, so I'm sure the competition will be tough. But the real prize is a new body, so I'm good with that too :)

Its a really great workout though...I'm a little uncoordinated so it takes me about 3 times before I get the hang of it. LOL!
  • nwindianawalkinggroup
    Options
    Hello, Dyer/Schererville resident here! Just randomly found this site while searching for walking buddies in the area so I joined a few minutes ago. I am always looking for female walking buddies to go to the local parks and trails. I can also kind of jog, but I'm not at the running stage yet. I also enjoy tennis and other kinds of exercise.

Thanks!
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am from the same area :)

Just joined recently, hoping to shed a few pounds and tone up. I just joined a gym, so between classes and running a few times a week I hope I can meet my goal.
  • pavlideskri
    Options
    I wish I lived out that way. I could use a walking buddy! How long have you been walking and how often?
  • XanderT
    XanderT Posts: 5
    Options
    Been a MFP member going on three years. When I use the phone app to track all my food, I have been successful. I've lost 85#s to date...though I started at a pretty heavy weight. My current goal is sitll 50#s away. I've usually only used MFP for the first 03 months of the year during my work weight loss competition, then maintained for the next 09 months. This time around, I plan on staying with MFP until I hit my goal weight. It's a good program, makes you really put some decision in what you decide to put into your body. I've eaten more fruits & veggies on MFP than I have my entire life! I'm planning on completing a tough mudder next November 03rd with a bunch of 'younger' guys who have worked for me over the years (I'll be 43), so that is probably the greatest motivation I have at this point. Good luck to everyone out there. Be strong...your life depends on it.
  • Blevdeb
    Blevdeb Posts: 5
    Options
    I've been with MFP for about a year - off and on. I was using another site, that I liked, but MFP offered a bit more flexibility and stored data. I was once a really thin, without thinking about it, person. Ate whatever I wanted, but was very active and had high metabolism. Then I had a baby and had to pay attention...then I hit 35 and wow did it all slow down. Between not having good eating habits, metabolism slowing down, and activity dropping to nil (desk job with long hours and long commute), I gained about 40 pounds, then I had an extruded disc causing so much pain - making any activity painful (anything painful really) and steroids....add another 25 or so. Now, I'm a bigger girl :( After a year or two, I couldn't take it anymore and ordered Nutrisystem and followed it religiously - dropping 30 pounds. I stayed there for a year or two and my pain finally subsided, with only bad days, so I became a bit more active. Finally, I lost my stressful desk job and managed a retail location for over a year - losing another 30 - felt slim and was getting fit, but .......retail wasn't what I wanted to do forever and back a to desk job I came. One year in and I have gained back that 30 pounds and feel....disappointed in myself, out of shape and blah!!! Must get up and get active in the evenings and on weekends, and get my eating habits back under control. I'm ridiculous sometimes - I can't say I don't know how the weight came back because I know. So, was looking for folks in the area that are taking control too. I'll be 47 in June and live in Highland, but work in Chicago long days. Anybody out there :)
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm so glad to see that there are others in my region using the program. I've been with MFP for 10 days now, and so far I'm liking what I see. I have two co-workers who have accounts and we're trying to be each others support system and cheerleaders. That's helping a lot.

My history you ask? :wink:

Well, I currently live in LaPorte County and am really, really ready for the Spring weather to arrive. And stay around! I miss walking or biking with my husband. It's just too cold to even think about just yet.

Now, regarding my weight, I lost @25 or so pounds in 2007 but managed to gain it (and some more) back. This time I'm looking for a more complete change in habits so that when I get to my desired weight, I'll actually know how to maintain.
  • walkingmywaytohealth
    Options
    How Long: Started on 11-16-2012 One week before thanksgiving! Started MFP in December

Goals: lose a total of 135, hopefully by next summer. I have another goal of running a 1/2 marathon, and my friends have already got me in the race, and they are also flying me into San Antonio to keep me motiviated. This is my focus

Advice: Try to eat superfoods, eat fresh. Do some kind of exercise, but give yourself a rest and listen to your body. Measure yourself, Ive lost 30 inches overall. Log in your miles if you walk, I'm over 400 miles now, Be inspired and inspire. When eating out, as for a to go box and fill it 1/2 up with your food as portions are usually too much for us and the bonus is you get to eat the next day.Feel free to add me, as I will support you, I just ask for a little in return.
  • Mexxy
    Mexxy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...I was excited to see a group of members close to home. I live in Crown Point. I'm a YO YO Dieter. I have tried every diet, Literally! I'm currently just eating healthy and low and behold it works...LOL! I work out at least 5 times a week. Im currently 158 my goal is 135. Let's see how this goes :-)
  • pavlideskri
    Options
    Hey welcome!! Hope it works out for you!! Thanks for joining!!
  • nwindianawalkinggroup
    nwindianawalkinggroup Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Soon enough summer will be over and I'll be able to get back to walking the trails outside in the Schererville area!! But I've been doing alright lately otherwise! :)
  • angel2448
    Options
    Hi everybody! Although I joined MFP over a month ago, I've just started taking it seriously. My kids' doctor recommended it to me. It's time to get a move-on and work for progress. I've got a birthday coming around Thanksgiving, and I've got to prepare for it. I've been the emotional eater, the stressed eater,the lonely eater,the anytime eater, and it's all been to comfort myself. Time to stop. It's nice to see so many people who want to better themselves, because without your health, you've got nothing, and as long as
    you can move, there's hope.
  • sheena8386
    sheena8386 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey! Im in Cedar lake :)