Anyone doing the Color Run

Options
eowynmn
eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
I just signed up for the Color Run (the one on July 14th). It will be my first 5K ever. In fact, I've never actually ran a mile in my life so I have my work ahead of me. I should be able to bang it out in the next 5 months though, and I have my brothers doing it with me.

Anyone else doing this run?

Replies

• JeanneJeanne
    JeanneJeanne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can you post a link? Thanks!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I am!

This will be a good race for your first 5k...It's not timed, lots of fun scattered throughout.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    It's not timed and its definitely not competitive so just go out and have a good time :) I did it last year, it was at the fairgrounds and traffic was a f*ing nightmare. Tkae that into consideration when getting there, unless they improve for this year
  • jaimesoo
    jaimesoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Can you post a link? Thanks!

Here is the link: http://thecolorrun.com/minnesota

I think it is $40 until 3/15 if i remember right
  • jaimesoo
    Options
    It's not timed and its definitely not competitive so just go out and have a good time :) I did it last year, it was at the fairgrounds and traffic was a f*ing nightmare. Tkae that into consideration when getting there, unless they improve for this year

GOOD TO KNOW! Thanks
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the traffic! I was wondering about that. I'm super sick today still (boo!), but my brother and I are meeting at the southdale Y tomorrow and I'm starting the Zombie 5k program. :) 5 K in 5 months - I got this.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've never done a 5K before and I'm not a runner I'm a cyclist, but I'm thinking about joining this run. By what I've seen it looks like a great time:)
  • KenMonson
    KenMonson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are signed up. Our first 5k also. Can' t wait for the snow to melt so I can get out on the road and train.
  • muggs1090
    muggs1090 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for it! I ran it last year! FYI there we tons of people that just walked it!!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I just got roped in to doing this again...

I had done a training run earlier in the day and ended up just walking this one. it was so blasted hot and muggy that day that they were spraying us off!
  • jaimesoo
    Options
    I just signed up last week to join my friends team for this race. I think it looks like a blast. :) Hope the temps are ok but it is pushing that "hottest week in MN".
  • widrakie
    widrakie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did this last year, and signed up for it this year also. it was SOOO hot last year... Very few people actually ran, there's alot of people with strollers and there just for the fun. Just to let you know! But it is REALLY fun!1
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up with a few of my friends. Should be a good time.
  • KolaCabana
    KolaCabana Posts: 19
    Options
    I ran it last year and will be running it this year, too! Hopefully won't be as sticky and gross as last although I learned that the more sweaty you are, the better the color sticks. :laugh:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to do it, but I didn't get in on the reduced rates. :<
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am running it for my first time also, I will be doing it on my 55th birthday with my son, daughter and my sons fiance. I had set a goal to do it with them next year but my son talked me into doing it this year with them because they are so happy that I am making the effort to get healthy. My son even told me he would walk with me when I needed to even tho I did not ask him too. This was one of the goals that I set for myself when I started on this.
  • margieo1983
    margieo1983 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Spokane, Washington in June. Woot, woot!

To somebody who said the rates are too much, I'm running it for free because I will be volunteering for 4-5 hours handing out packets two days before race day. Check out Color Me Rad's website for information and to sign up.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Did it last year. It's nice because there are a lot of people, so you won't feel "left in the dust." It was not my favorite. It was 90+ degrees and I had the earliest start time (I think 8am). The powder gets EVERYWHERE!! My body was dyed for a few days afterwards. Make sure you bring something to sit on in your car. There's weren't showers available. And I recommend no wearing your Color Run shirt on the run... whatever you wear is going to get ruined. At least mine did. But have fun, don't rush through the color, make a few passes, roll on the ground, and spin through the color stations.
  • pprtvg
    pprtvg Posts: 8
    Options
    This year's color run will mark my first 5k, too! By the time I heard about it last year it was too late, and totally sold out, so I jumped on this year the second registration opened up! I'm doing it with my husband, and a couple friends from Eau Claire. I'm also doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run with my sister in August. I decided my first couple runs should be fun and non-competitive, since I'm really not a seasoned runner by any means :)
  • KolaCabana
    KolaCabana Posts: 19
    Options
    A bit of advice: bring a bandana or something to cover your mouth because that colored powder gets EVERYWHERE. Not fun to inhale.