Happy Wednesday!

Options
What are some of your favorite breakfast diishes?I like a bowl of oatmeal or a protein shake/ smoothie. Let's share some great ideas.

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I usually do oatmeal in the morning on work days, weekends are more laid back...usually have eggs and cheese for "brunch" LOL
  • NancyYMCA
    NancyYMCA Posts: 18
    Options
    1. Steel-cut oats sweetened with 100% maple syrup, a handful of walnuts, and 1/2 handful of dried berries. Ummm!!!
    2. 1 scrambled egg, 1 pc. rye toast with 1tsp of butter.
    3. Breakfast sandwich: 100 calorie English muffin, 1/2 pc. of 2% American cheese, and a hard fried egg (fried in pan spray, of course)

These are my top 3 favs. I have a cup of skim milk with each one.
  • iheartwhitetea
    iheartwhitetea Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok, you guys might think this sounds really weird, but don't knock it until you try it!

Periodically throughout the day I like to make what I call "Green Food" (because it makes sense, and because I love the original The Land Before Time movie). I especially like it for breakfast.

Peel a banana or 2, and put it in the blender.
    Then stuff the blender full of lettuce. I like to use mixed greens, like a spring mix. Make sure you've got some dark greens for vitamins and nutrients, no iceberg lettuce here!
    Pour in 1 cup of water, and blend.
    When it's smooth it's like a tasty healthy smoothie! The banana sweetens and thickens it, and trust me it is really tasty. If I have other fruits like nectarines or peaches I like to throw one of those in too. Adds some good flavors~

Try it before you decide it will be gross, it's one of my favorite things!