Does anyone run too?

Options
jenvee
jenvee Posts: 4 Member
I have been running for a couple months now and really don't want to give it up. I'm on day 2 of turbofire and I love it!! Does anyone run on top of doing turbofire or do you substitute it for some of your workouts?

Replies

• dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I haven't ran since I started (just over a month ago) I miss it though! I just find I don't have time right now, hoping to fit it in soon though because I registered for the color me rad 5K.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I love to run. I'm also on day 2 of turbofire and I ALSO registered for Color Me Rad!!! So I'm hoping to get in some good runs during the weeks in addition to TurboFire!
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Last time I did turbo fire I tried to keep up my running but it was crazy hard with work, kids, etc. However, turbo fire improved my running dramatically so there's always that positive!
  • tzur21
    tzur21 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am training for a Marathon, which is in 3 weeks. I started with turbo fire and it has really interferred w/ my running. I am sore the day following a turbo fire cardio workout. Which makes fitting in all my runs difficult. So I am doing the stretching workouts and abs until after my race. I am sure if I had started turbo fire and developed those muscles before I started training I would have been in much better shape!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting a 5K training class on my rest days. As the weather starts to improve I hope to get out for at least some short jaunts. Last fall I used to do short runs (2-3 miles) on days I had Turbo strength or the shorter HIIT workouts. It definitely improved my running endurance. My first postpartum "run" was a 16 min mile pace. After finishing the Turbo prep I did the same route at an 11:30 mile pace without any run training.
  • determined136
    Options
    I have been a runner/jogger for 10 years now. I have done TurboJam for over a year and I and on day 8 of TurboFire. I try to run 3-5 days a week after work and find that it really helps with any muscle soreness. I say if your body can do it go for it. If you experience and aches and pains just listen to your body! Good luck
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I was running a few times a week up until December. it got too cold and wet here and it became miserable to me to run out there (learned I'm definitely not a cold weather/ rainy weather runner. hate it.). I plan to pick it back up in April though. I'm thinking just swap a regular Fire day for a run? Should be a similar burn and similar in the sense that it's a constant activity.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I haven't followed the calendar religiously...I like to switch between them, and a couple other things, depending on how I feel. If I give TF my all, it is about the same calorie burn as a run outside. But running outside hasn't happened much lately with the weather and short sunlight hours. If you do both at the same time, that is going to be very demanding and an extreme calorie burn. Watch out to make sure you don't hurt yourself! Overtraining can set you back for big periods of time.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ^^ ooo, great point. My burns are totally similar to when I ran outside.
  • xoalynnxo
    xoalynnxo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i do both. i have a lot of distance runs this year (11miles - 26miles) so i cant stop building up mileage to do turbofire. i just eat more on days i run and look at turbofire as a way to condition my heart and increase my endurance to better my running. I only run 1-2 x a week, but when i run it's between 5-10 miles each time.