EFB baby at 5 months 213 to 187.6

Options
Love the board. Where is all the new post? I'm starting to eat clean for a month healthy and exercise four days a week. I don't count calories. Weight loss is slow. From reading post I'm going to make sure that I eat a little more snacks during day bc I know I don't. I'm 32 have a strictly breast fed baby that will be 6 months soon. I'm 187.6 now was 213 still have belly which is discouraging. Hope I can learn what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• alawley08
    Options
    I was 175 after baby, down to 163 now. I breastfeed my 5 month old and count calories to help me lose weight. I calculate in about 400 a day for breastfeeding. Lets keep in touch to encourage one another!
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! My son just turned 6 months. I was 215 pre pregnancy and am down to 190ish. So I lost the 20 pounds I gained with him plus another 25. Don't get discouraged. I know easier said than done. A healthy loss while breastfeeding is .5 to 1 pound a week.
  • jumeshawade
    Options
    I was about 235 when I had my son almost 4 months ago. I'm 200 now! Add me for support!
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job! My son is 9 months. I actually GAINED 20 lbs from two to seven months postpartum because I was just eating too much and was very worried about my supply. Since January, I'm down 13 lbs with no supply issues (but my son is also eating a lot less now that he's eating more solids).
  • LindsayLo79
    LindsayLo79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 pounds with my son, he is 5 months old and I have about 10 more pounds to go to pre-pregnancy weight. I do believe nursing is helping but Ive been stuck at this weight for about 2 months now and ready to really start being accountable for my calories and being more active! 213 -187 is amazing! Keep up the great work! :) My current goal is to lose 40lbs
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Love the board. Where is all the new post? I'm starting to eat clean for a month healthy and exercise four days a week. I don't count calories. Weight loss is slow. From reading post I'm going to make sure that I eat a little more snacks during day bc I know I don't. I'm 32 have a strictly breast fed baby that will be 6 months soon. I'm 187.6 now was 213 still have belly which is discouraging. Hope I can learn what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Good luck everyone!

The same question I asked myself 8 months ago. Then I started counting my calories and realized I was eating WAY too many. I've tweaked what I was eating and made huge progress the last 6 months.