Gripe water...anyone tried it?

Options
So, had an awful night last night with our 5 1/2 month old. He woke up 5 times screaming with bad gas- never had that problem before and we didn't do anything differerent that would cause this! (I'm thinking his stomach is expanding cuz of the upcoming 6 month growth spurt but I haven't done my research yet online) So, we have some natural oil that my MIL gave us to put on his stomach to help relieve gas but someone told me to try gripe water. Has anyone tried it?!

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Gripe water never helped me (my 1st born had horrible gas issues). However, I have found that for my youngest (10 wks) that Little Remedies For Tummys Gas Relief Drops are amazing!!
  • chelleangel78
    Options
    Gripe water worked when my little man had colic issues but the gas drops she mentioned worked AWESOME for gas!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm using it along with Ovol gas drops. I think it's helping a bit. What also helps is pushing her legs up into her tummy, it helps to push the gas out.
  • kenlwal
    kenlwal Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm so sorry...I remember those nights very clearly! My baby had colic really bad too and I know how hard it can be. There were nights when she would scream for 5 hours straight and all I could do was cry. Gripe water helped some and her pedi also prescribed some gas drops as well. There is a book call "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and I swear by that method!!! It's called the 5 S's. I tried all 5 but never did them in order until someone told me about it and I swear it works! They are Swaddle, Side/Stomache Position, Shushing Sounds, Swinging and Sucking. Works like a charm! Good luck...I know how hard it can be but hang in there because I promise it gets easier :)
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Seems the consensus is gas drops might be the way to go instead. Will be picking some up on the way home. :happy: