Wanted to introduce myself...

Options
Hi everyone!!! I was added to the group a few months ago but never posted until now (sorry things have been crazy)
So I just wanted to introduce myself...My name is Kendra and I have an adorable daughter named Reese that just turned one last Friday. What a year it has been! Congrats to all of you on your new babies and starting your weight loss process. I had never even been in a gym until about 8 weeks after having my daughter...now they can't keep me out of it. I go to the gym everyday on my lunch break (unless I have a meeting or something). It's my escape from the office and I love it. I started out attending Zumba classes for a few months then started attending abs classes and doing other workouts. I recently started running (which I despised before!). I am 10 pounds lighter now than I was before getting pregnant and feel like I am in better shape then I was 10 years ago. I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone :)

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hi Kendra!

I bet the first year just flew by! I love the name Reese! Congrats on the weight loss, being ten pounds lighter than you were before baby is a great accomplishment! My goal is to be in better shape post-baby than I was pre-baby.

I also started out with Zumba, and I'm branching out to other classes and strength training. When the weather gets nicer I want to get back to running ... which I despise :)
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kendra- we are glad to have you!!

I also despise running, even when I'm doing it on a regular basis. Think any of those people who do it consistently REALLY love it like they say they do?? I doubt it ;)

Welcome again, glad to have you join!
  • kenlwal
    kenlwal Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you both!!! :smile:
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kendra! Congrats on your little one and your weight loss!

Ugh - I hate running, but I'm thinking of starting to run again as well. Good luck and remember to participate so you can stay motivated and connected.