plans? Idea?

Options
I type this message out and it said "site down for maintenance". Hopefully it will work this time!

What are your plans for meeting your goal?

For the last two years I have donelow calorie (1200-1300) and low fat with no success. As a matter of fact, I have gained weight despite working out. I have been to a dietician, who told me my diet looked near perfect (at the time), and two doctors to see if it was a medical issue. The doctors just told me to keep doing what I was doing. That is very discouraging considering itisn't working!!

The last three weeks I have been trying low carb. I did good the first two weeks.Then last Saturday I binged on carbs after I passed my PT test. I have not been able to get back on track since. I was wondering what others were trying. If you are trying low carbs, I would lovesome ideas. I am enjoying the low carb because you know us southern girls like our meat, bacon, eggs, etc all those things that I deprived myself of when I was doing low calorie/fat.

Replies

• GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ok, note that I am in no way, shape or form an authority and I don't have much experience with your situation, but I have noticed on many different forums on this site, and even from fitness magazines, that increasing calories can actually help you loose weight. Why, I don't know, just throwing that out there as a thought. Besides, if your current diet isn't workin', increasing your calories couldn't really hurt.
    As for my own personal plan, I am working towards a clean eating lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago, I ate strictly clean, and worked my butt off and lost 6 lbs in a week. No it's not somethin' I aim for, I prefer a 2 lb weight loss per week, but it did prove to me that my diet was a MAJOR factor in my weight loss problems. The next week, I slacked off and ate crappy and gained 4 lbs back.
    I hope you find something that works for you and good luck!! :smile:
    Oh, and while eating clean, I never felt deprived or hungry!
  • kn081083
    kn081083 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Talking out of personal experience...it looks like you have probably hit a temporary plateau..not sure if you are already doing it, but try taking a high protein shake and follow it with good carbs(like an apple) after 30 mins of protein intake..they say that protein can jump start weight loss but it has to be followed by good carbs to help the body digest the protein..
  • christena06
    christena06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will be continuing the workouts and watching what I eat along with calorie counting.
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    what is clean eating? Haven't heard that term before.

I am new to the site and hoping that the calories I have been watching and the extra moving/exercising I have been doing will show on the scale Sunday. I want to lose over 40 pounds and plan on doing this the right way and keeping it off. Not losing too fast with a fad diet and then gaining it back. Going to try and make a lifestyle change to make my life last that much longer.
  • GoffGirl1029
    Options
    Clean eating is eating things as close to their natural state as possible. Fruits veggies, lean proteins, cut out refined and processed foods-sugars, flours and instead use natural sweeteners such as honey, agave nectar, use whole grains. One blog talked about eating things "with one ingredient listed" and if you can't pronounce some of the ingredients, stay away. Try to eat 5-6 small meals per day. I'm new to it myself, but how found Tosca Reno's books helpful. They are called "the eat-clean diet" but there are many resources on the internet as well! Hope this has helped! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • GoffGirl1029
    Options
    . Not losing too fast with a fad diet and then gaining it back. Going to try and make a lifestyle change to make my life last that much longer.

I personally don't believe that eating clean is a fad, it's more natural than counting calories and such. I don't like to feel like I am pushing the things I like on others, but this really is a lifestyle change, not a diet and can really work. I encourage you to do research on things that seems like they will work best for you, because in the end, that is what is gonna get you to your goals. Good luck!