Symlin pen

Options
kithalloyd
kithalloyd Posts: 135 Member
went to the doc today and was place on symlin 60 pen wanting to know if anyone has used this and what you liked and did not like.

Thank you:smile:

Replies

• bbf2u
    bbf2u Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    when I was on it I didn't think it helped my blood sugars much & it made me nauseous.
  • jianop
    jianop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It can help you lose weight but it can also make you super nauseated. I think the feeling makes you eat less hence the weight loss.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My husband took this a while. Our biggest issues were that he was nauseous and had no appetite. He'd go low, but really really not want to eat...to the point of me practically force feeding him.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on multiple rounds of Symlin, but this last time is the one that stuck. I've been on it for a year now. If you start out at 15mcg for a few days and then increase to 30mcg, 45mcg and then 60mcg over a week or two, you shouldn't have nausea. I didn't know that the first few times and I felt so nauseated it was awful! Figuring out how to make my insulin work with it was difficult, but once I figured out the pattern, it was no big deal. I lost about 5 pounds, but in my opinion and the opinion of a friend who is also on Symlin, the appetite suppresion only lasts so long. Once your body adjusts to it, you may find that it doesn't suppress your appetite any longer. I also like that it really helps with my blood sugar when I eat pasta or pizza. I don't do it often, because it's usually a nightmare afterward, but Symlin really helps keep my sugar from spiking terribly. Anyway, I'm sure everyone has a different experience. Oh and one thing that I found is that although they say you can use it when you're eating 250 calories and/or 30 carbs, I found that no matter how many calories I'm eating, if I eat less than 30 carbs, I WILL bottom out terribly. So be careful. I hope it works well for you. Feel free to message me if you have other questions!