Single people, where are you?

Options

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I agree there are quality mean everywhere ...the ratio for my taste is higher in America.

I think you're onto a winner seeing as 95% of the members here are American!! lol
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree there are quality mean everywhere ...the ratio for my taste is higher in America.

I think you're onto a winner seeing as 95% of the members here are American!! lol

Me included :) Just living in Europe for a few years. I think it is all in what you are used to. I just find in general they are more reserved than I am used to and aren't as assertive when they are interested. I also have not made it to England which I am told is a bit different.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Me included :) Just living in Europe for a few years. I think it is all in what you are used to. I just find in general they are more reserved than I am used to and aren't as assertive when they are interested. I also have not made it to England which I am told is a bit different.

Yes, I dont think there is a cultural standard when it comes to Europe. It's a very diverse continent.
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Vancouver, BC - home of hipsters, overpriced real estate and rain! Oh, and a brutal dating scene. :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Yes, I dont think there is a cultural standard when it comes to Europe. It's a very diverse continent.

Yeah, I was gonna say, I get my obnoxious/sexually liberated side from my German family and the time spent living there, haha!
  • azhcanedition
    azhcanedition Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Omaha, Nebraska area... Woo!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Vancouver, BC - home of hipsters, overpriced real estate and rain! Oh, and a brutal dating scene. :wink:

And the Vancouver Canucks hehe
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    phone browser works in an emergency situation but we need access to forums on the app. Its pretty slow to refresh pages, or to open multiple threads at once. hard to be effecient with the smart phone browser when agressivly posting lol

haha when is accessing the MFP forums an emergency? :P

You can't get them on the ipad either, so I use Safari on my ipad to go to the regular site and it works well, minus typing on that thing.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Detroit, except replace "overpriced real estate" with "murder capital of the world"
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Detroit, except replace "overpriced real estate" with "murder capital of the world"

LMAO... I remember a trip we took to Detroit as a kid. My parents were advised that "one does not stop at a redlight in downtown Detroit".... they took that advice. :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

LMAO... I remember a trip we took to Detroit as a kid. My parents were advised that "one does not stop at a redlight in downtown Detroit".... they took that advice. :)
    Haha, Detroit really isn't that bad, it just has lots of bad areas you need to watch out for. I actually spend most of my time in 3 of the 6 most dangerous cities (Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw) and I haven't gotten shot yet.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Haha, Detroit really isn't that bad, it just has lots of bad areas you need to watch out for. I actually spend most of my time in 3 of the 6 most dangerous cities (Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw) and I haven't gotten shot yet.

This post would have been funnier if you left the t off of "yet." Congrats on your survival rate as well.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I actually enjoyed my visit and thought it was a great place. It was such a long time ago I don't remember much, though. I do know we had to drive to Cobo Hall each day for a large trade show (my father had a booth) and that's why the advice was given. I remember riding the metro/subway as well as the statue of Joe Louis. We stayed right outside the city and it was beautiful, though.
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Sheffield, United Kingdom here! :glasses:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    nawlins! ....how you doing? :bigsmile:
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!

- Single in Texas! ;P
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    (looks around).......
    :glasses:
    where are all the single peeps this week? everyone has been quiet....
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Groton, CT
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    (looks around).......

Still at my computer. Where else would I be?
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    (looks around).......

Still at my computer. Where else would I be?

Busy. :cry: