Suggest me some Xbox360 titles!

Options
chellebublz
chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
I just agree a few weeks ago to get one as long as we got the Kinect so I could do some fitness games. Well now that I got THAT outta my system lol, I'm looking for some non-Kinect games. We have Gamefly so I can try before buy.

-I'm not a FPS fan. Mainly because I'm not good at it.
-I'm a Final Fintasy lover, HUGE.
-don't really care for games about military/war/futureistic

I did a few demo's so far. Bioshock-okay with it, but scary as hell!. Mass Effect 3-hated it, too much war. Dead Island-loved it. Fable II-liked it. Bully-liked it. I would LOVE to find some RPG's that aren't military based. Story line is a huge thing for me when it comes to enjoying games, esp if it involves a relationship.

I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls series, but I plan on getting Skyrim as soon as it's available to try it out. Final Fantasy is my favorite, 8 is my fav then 10. Liked Kingdom Hearts, Shadow Hearts, Legend of Dragoon was like my FAV GAME when it came out way back when lol

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If you love Final Fantasy, you need to check out Lost Odyssey, I still pop it in every now and again to do another playthrough. I think I'm on my 3rd new game plus. It's like FF6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 wrapped into one!!

Edit: After reading the rest of your post, you will love Lost Odyssey!
  • Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try Dishonored! I love FPS games, but can only play them on my PC, so my XBOX titles are almost all RPG without a shooting aspect. As far as fitness games, try Fruit Ninja Kinect, YourShape Total Fitness, or Dance Central.
  • jstur14
    jstur14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Can always try Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dragon age origins, the elder scrolls games, left 4 dead, and buy the walking dead arcade game! A great story and great characters!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Dark Souls :D
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Kingdoms of Amalur! (Spelling that sucks. Really. I had to look it up. But great game!!)
  • whankammer
    whankammer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lost Odyessy it's FANTASTIC. I would also recommend the Walking Dead game as well as the Assassins Creed titles.
  • chellebublz
    Options
    I will look into Lost Odyessy. And my uncle who is more like my cousin because he is younger than me wants me to try Kingdoms of Amular so he's gona loan it to me. Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the middle of Assassin's Creed 2. Assassin's Creed 1, was so-so, we returned it and got 2, I'm addicted. I'm also in the middle of Walking Dead, it's kinda boring I think, but I'm more of a Saint's Row / Crackdown kinda woman I guess. We just preordered Bioshock 3 and the other Walking Dead :)))) I love, love me some Bioshock and it's the only game I've completely finished both 1 and 2. I am also stuck somewhere in Batman Arkham Asylum .
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Chromehounds is a fun Mechwarrior type game that should be pretty cheap.

I loved Crackdown but Crackdown 2 sucked donkey balls.
  • chellebublz
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up Oblivion on clearance at Gamestop and got Skyrim through Gamefly. So far, I don't understand the hype but to be fair I've only played it an hour or 2 so far. My fiance bought left for dead and made us play it, uhhhh deft not a shooter fan even when it does involve zombies. I do want to play through the Bioshock series even though it's a shooter it seems like you can do other things besides shoot and has a great storyline? Story is important for me with gaming. I like to feel like I'm playing a movie =/
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up Oblivion on clearance at Gamestop and got Skyrim through Gamefly. So far, I don't understand the hype but to be fair I've only played it an hour or 2 so far. My fiance bought left for dead and made us play it, uhhhh deft not a shooter fan even when it does involve zombies. I do want to play through the Bioshock series even though it's a shooter it seems like you can do other things besides shoot and has a great storyline? Story is important for me with gaming. I like to feel like I'm playing a movie =/

You may want to try a different class in Skyrim if you're not liking it. The great thing about that game is at the beginning you really can choose any playstyle you want. You can choose to throw spells or slash and hack and you're not locked into anything until you start spending you level up points later on. Skyrim gets better as you start really fighting dragons and stuff. The other thing people like about it is that the world reacts to your actions. When you kill an NPC it doesn't come back the next day for example. There are also a lot of different quest lines and dungeons to explore and it is completely up to you in what order you do them. The Non-Liniarity is awesome, but some don't like it. Also, one of the notable things about the game is the world levels with you, meaning as you run around the world the bad guys can still be at least a little challenging even after you've leveled up you toon a bit and played for 45 hours.

For Recommendations I don't have much because you hate my favorite game types (Space and War). They may sound silly, but some of the best non-space and non-war type games I've seen are any of the Lego titles and the Skylander Games. They are a lot of fun.
  • brilliantzenith
    brilliantzenith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For story, if you don't mind a few older titles are Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    For Recommendations I don't have much because you hate my favorite game types (Space and War). They may sound silly, but some of the best non-space and non-war type games I've seen are any of the Lego titles and the Skylander Games. They are a lot of fun.

I can't argue with this. If you like playing a "movie" but you don't like sci-fi shooters, Mass Effect 3 was not the game for you. If you can tolerate it, i would suggest playing the first Mass Effect instead of jumping right to the 3rd one, as the 3rd one is all about the Galactic War between you and the main bad guy(s). The story in that game (putting the ending aside) is one of the better ones out there, and the first game in the series does a nice job of being story driven, with lots of interactive cut-scenes...and some shooting. Oh yeah, and you can have a love interest that can potentially carry through all 3 games.

Dragon Age: Origins has a good story too. The gameplay is reminiscent of Neverwinter Nights. Medieval-themed and you can take a love interest in this one too. Gotta love BioWare for allowing you to get your digital freak on...

BioShock has a Great story, but it is a FPS so you will be doing a lot of shooting. There are other things to do like upgrade weapons, hack security bots and cameras by way of mini games but overall...it's shooting..or plasmids...or both. The setting is phenominal. I found i stopped playing sometimes to take a look around at the visuals. Rapture is one of the better game locations there is. I'm not a fan of FPS myself and this game is in my Top 5.

The LEGO games are great as well if you don't mind a non-serious game that tends to make fun of itself. LEGO Lord of the Rings is good, with LEGO StarWars right with it. LEGO Harry Potter isn't bad, and is definitely NOT sci-fi.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Lego LotR......the Mithril Disco Ball sealed the game-love for me.

I didn't think I'd be into shooters or Sci-fi in a game.....but I suggest the ME series from the start....makes what's happening in ME3 make more sense (kind of....) but the tone of ME3 is very dark compared to the rest of the series.

Dragon Age series, Origins, the expansion Awakenings, and yes.....even DA:2.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Try Dishonored! I love FPS games, but can only play them on my PC, so my XBOX titles are almost all RPG without a shooting aspect. As far as fitness games, try Fruit Ninja Kinect, YourShape Total Fitness, or Dance Central.

This!! I picked this up a few weeks ago and haven't been able to put it down. I played through just to get through it once, and then I went through on a Chaos run, and now I'm going for a Ghost/Clean Hands run.

If you don't play FPS games much it may take a little while to get used to the controls -- it did for me, because like you I also don't like FPS games (except Borderlands, those games are like crack for me). But once you get a hold of them the tension, gameplay and art are SO worth it. You can play the game several times (it's short; about 10-12 hours or so, I'd say) and find a different way to complete the missions each time.
  • chellebublz
    Options
    I think it's mainly because I'm not good at it (regarding FPS). I can struggle through the game if it has an option for 3rd person. I really need to be able to see my "character". I am going to try out Left for Dead on my own one day when my fiance is at work. I have the feeling that because he is so freaking good at shooters and was leading it was making it less fun for me. Like he was shooting everything before I could?

I think the fact that Skyrim isn't linear may be what I dislike about it. Idk I think I just got soooo use to the Final Fantasy's that were very linear back in the day and I miss that LOL. I do enjoy Skyrim though, just not as much as expected. I'm to the point where I learned I'm Dragonborn and people are calling me to come see them lol. I don't think I would like magic in this game, so I am putting my points into 2 handed weapons and heavy armor so far. I like to slash things :D

So far based on posts, it seems like I just need to try individual games, even if they are shooters because I might like them anyways if I give them a chance (and don't play with my fiance! lol) I definitely like the idea of love interests so I will have to look into those. I'm just gonna keep doing one game at a time through Gamefly, until I can convince my fiance to send Black Ops 2 back so we can try more games =/ lol
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I know I've said this already but check out Lost Odyssey lol It's the best "Final Fantasy" game in the past 6 years!!! FF13 sucked in my opinion and LO was the better "FF" game even though it doesn't share the same name, it's made by the same guy who created final fantasy!
  • chellebublz
    Options
    After reading your post, I looked it up on Gamefly and it looks famililar like I may have played it a few years back but didn't beat the whole game. I put it on my Q so I can try it again when I send Skyrim back :)
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Infinite Undiscovery and Blue Dragon. Srsly. And if you get/play Blue Dragon, you have to tell me how much you (dis)like the boss song. X3