I got to move it, move it! I like to move it, move it!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Make today a total movement day! Go upstairs only (no elevators or escalators), park far from entrance to store etc and walk or walk down the hallway to coworker don't call or email!
Walk to mailbox...trust I have seen folks drive!
If home go up and down stairs or walk around house or neighborhood for 10 min every 2 hours...get movement in...vacuum, mop floor...do anything to keep moving!
This is all separate from your workout!
Walk the dogs extra 10 minutes! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• diva_kate
    diva_kate Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do this! We're going out for sushi tonight so any extra movement will help negate some of those calories. Thanks for the motivation!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Oh - one of my favorite songs! That song always makes me want to dance. Well - I'm teleworking today so I take those little pop up breaks - easier at home perhaps than at work.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this one. I do this on a regular basis. My family grumbles because I do stairs instead of elevator, Hate the elevator! I park in the back of lot. They really dislike this one, especially when it is cold. Finally I live in a colonial house. I have to walk to the basement to do laundry, walk to the second floor to go to my room, and walk to the third floor to exercise. Needless to say I hoof it,

What I will do is not delegate. I will not tell my kids to go get something for me today. I will be my own errand boy today. Of course you should know I will be gone a good portion of the day. I am going to the movies, yay!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love that you put this challenge on the day I'll be spending at least 8-10 hours in a car heading to visit family for spring break. LOL! Hopefully I can get some moving in beforehand though! Maybe I'll just have to throw myself a dance party in the backseat to keep moving. :smile:

Seriously though, I think this is a great thing to keep in mind. It's little things like that which can make a big difference in the long run.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I love that you put this challenge on the day I'll be spending at least 8-10 hours in a car heading to visit family for spring break. LOL! Hopefully I can get some moving in beforehand though! Maybe I'll just have to throw myself a dance party in the backseat to keep moving. :smile:

Seriously though, I think this is a great thing to keep in mind. It's little things like that which can make a big difference in the long run.

My friend's parents, when she was growing up, stopped the car every 2 hours somewhere and made the kids get out and run around the car for a few minutes. Maybe a good idea on your long trip. I'm going to start using it with my kids.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Joke's on you! I live in a ranch style home and my work building is one story!

Also, Reel 2 Real: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ

(I do have stairs going to my attic. I may run those today.)
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

My friend's parents, when she was growing up, stopped the car every 2 hours somewhere and made the kids get out and run around the car for a few minutes. Maybe a good idea on your long trip. I'm going to start using it with my kids.

That's a really good idea! I doubt my Dad will want to stop that often though... he's more of the just drive until we get there type, but it's something to keep in mind for future road trips! Thanks for the tip. :)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/basal-metabolic-rate-changes-as-you-age/2013/03/05/d26b1c18-80f1-11e2-a350-49866afab584_story.html?wpisrc=nl_health

A good article in the Post about why movement is necesasry! Oh and those that eat a lettuce leaf and a drop of oil will be offended so maybe don't read!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Got in more movement than usual today. I always park in the first space I find (I don't look for spaces close to the door, I just find a space and park and walk,) my assigned parking space is the furthest space from my condo (pure luck on that one, it was assigned when the building was built 30 years ago, not when I bought the unit) I live on the 2nd floor so have to do stairs every day (at the very lease, twice up and twice down and because it's a two story building, no elevator- and I do prefer stairs to elevators because of that whole pesky claustrphobic agoraphobic thing.)
    Today we were doing building tours of the lab (single story building, but we basically circle the entire interior of the building) I did two tours around the building (wearing heels!) so got my extra mileage there. Then, of course I have time on the treadmill tonight plus an hour with Super Trainer.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Joke's on you! I live in a ranch style home and my work building is one story!

Also, Reel 2 Real: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ

(I do have stairs going to my attic. I may run those today.)
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! i had no clue a real group! And the song written so long ago!
    Oh you made my day! LOL! I love it! I think I like Julien the Lemur better though...he has such swag!
  • prpljellybean
    prpljellybean Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Three different stores today and parked away from each one!! Hubby didn't like it that much but I told him I needed to get the steps in!! :glasses:
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I walk up and down stairs a few times a day everyday because we live on the 2nd floor of our apartment building and we have to take the dogs out and their not allowed in the elevator.
    And when we went to the store earlier we parked far away (not by choice but it works). Might be going for a walk tonight too to make up the calories I went over with lunch (Popeye's mmm...couldn't say no, it's Saturday aka our indulge day)