New! Momma of two!

Options
LindsayLo79
LindsayLo79 Posts: 17 Member
Hello Ladies! Im a mother of two, my daughter will be 3 in June and my son will be 6 months March 22. I lost about 40 lbs before I found out I was pregnant but pregnancy took it toll and I gained about 60 pounds. (EEECK) I am actually back down to my first pre-pregnancy size - but its not a healthy weight for me. Im looking forward to getting to know others that are in need of encouragement and support cause I NEED IT too! Im also breastfeeding my son and hoping I can lose some weight but also keep my milk supply intact! Any support or help in this area would be much appreciated! Looking forward to being a part of this board :happy:

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    hey there mother of two also my son is 9 years old and my baby girl will be 3 months March 10. I have quite a bit of weight to lose even though I have lost all the pregnancy weight. Good luck it is tough and we try to support as much as possible.
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome! My son will be 6 months on the 21st. You joined the right group and will def get great support here. :drinker:
  • LindsayLo79
    Options
    Thank you Blink1021! :)
  • LindsayLo79
    Options
    GinE73! Our kids are the same age! How fun! :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    There are tons of awesome mommies in this group! Some of the best support I have found on MFP :)

I'm a mom of one - my little guy is 5 months old.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old son and an 8 month old and am still breastfeeding (trying for the full year!). I was at my goal weight and only gained the alloted max of 35 lbs, but I'm still about 8 lbs away from pre-preggo and 3 sizes bigger (post partum body stinks!). Welcome to MFP! We need more mommies on here!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    MFP is great! My boy will be one next week. I've lost everything I gained with him and am working on the last 20 pounds I gained with the twins.
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Mama - this is a great place to get ideas and support! Welcome. I have 2 kids - one will be 3 next week and my little girl will be 6 months on the 28th.

Remember to log everything and participate to help keep motivated! Feel free to add me if you need support - or anyone else who might!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Welcome! As others have said, this group is filled with lots of awesome and supportive mommies!!!!

I have a little man who will be 3 months next week :)
  • chelleangel78
    Options
    I'm a mom of one adorable ( yes I'm biased) 6 month old baby and the step mom to a perfect little 3 year old girl. I belong to a mommy group on facebook and a few of us traveled over here to work on our baby weight together.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have about 30lbs of baby weight to lose still :( It doesn't want to budge. I have one son who is 3 months old
  • kenlwal
    kenlwal Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm new too :)
    I have a daughter that just turned a year old last week. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and I'm excited to be a part of a supportive group of moms!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I'm also a mum of 2, although mine are a bit older. My son will be 4 in June and my daughter will be 2 in May. I'm smaller now than before I got pregnant with my son, but I still have that leftover baby belly that I need to work on. I've lost 60lbs since my daughter was 8 weeks old.
  • DiannaDC
    DiannaDC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have two children, 6 months old and an almost 8 year old. I've lost all the baby weight from baby number two but would like to lose the weight I didn't lose from baby number 1! So I'm working on trying to lose 15 pounds for my mini goal and about 35 -40 for my main goal. We will see how I do when I get to my mini goal and reassess from there. Anyways, welcome!
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of a 3 yr old and 22 weeks pregnant with baby #2. I am 100 lbs above my pre pregnancy weight of 2009. My goal is to loose 60 of the 100 lbs one year after I have this baby in July :)