anyone else..

daniellealys
daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
sick of working out every day? I am on day 14 and this is the first day that I just want to go home and plop on the couch and not move a muscle LOL Just one day....
but, on a motivating note: after this week I realize my determination. I had so many "excuses" not to do work out but I did it anyway :D I had a non invasive procedure this week on both my ankles (requires 24 hours downtime), I worked out before the procedure that day and then the next night! so I didnt even miss a day! Then last night, I worked from 7-5 then grad class from 530-9! got home at 930 and did 30DS! Also, I am on call this week (means I get woken up, etc). I am pretty proud of this!
now just to do it when I get home tonight :D

Replies

• Neria1235
    Neria1235 Posts: 23
    I understand. I work out 5 - 6 days a week, but I honestly NEED my rest day, which is Saturdays. I work out at 4:30am, M-F at the gym (3 days weights, 2 days cardio), and I supplement with 30DS in the evenings if I have the energy. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about not being so strict with 30DS, but I'm already doing so much that sometimes by the time I get home from work I'm exhausted and just can't do it.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    It does get more tiring the more consecutive days you do. Any chance you can do it first thing in the morning? That way you're fully entitled to slob on the couch when you get in!

I found it better to do this else otherwise is spend all day at work talking myself out of doing it when I got in!
  • daniellealys
    I wish I coudl do it first thing but I go into work really early (7am) and we have quiet hours in our condo until 8am :( and my big butt jumping around at 5am def goes against the quiet hours rules :D
  • daniellealys
    I understand. I work out 5 - 6 days a week, but I honestly NEED my rest day, which is Saturdays. I work out at 4:30am, M-F at the gym (3 days weights, 2 days cardio), and I supplement with 30DS in the evenings if I have the energy. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about not being so strict with 30DS, but I'm already doing so much that sometimes by the time I get home from work I'm exhausted and just can't do it.

I can totally relate. Its been a crazy tough week and there is something about my mind being in Friday mode that I am just defeated and exhausted feeling. I could drink some coffee to wake me up but would probably hurt my tummy :(
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    I actually came here to look for motivation to keep going and I'm only on day 8! It's not even the working out I mind, I'm happy to walk or hop on my (stationary) bike - I'm just so exhausted from doing Jillian's Shred. Last night's workout was later than normal because I got stuck at work a couple hours late and I tried to talk myself out of it but I thought - I can't now! I'm 7 days in!

Well, I did it and I worked up a sweat but boy, was it clumsy and awkward and I didn't get through all of the exercises - which then makes me feel like I shouldn't have bothered.

I did get an additional walk in the snow with my dog in before doing the workout (I normally follow the 30DS with biking) so maybe that tuckered me out too.

Will this get fun again or will it be miserable for the next 22 days?
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    I actually came here to look for motivation to keep going and I'm only on day 8! It's not even the working out I mind, I'm happy to walk or hop on my (stationary) bike - I'm just so exhausted from doing Jillian's Shred. Last night's workout was later than normal because I got stuck at work a couple hours late and I tried to talk myself out of it but I thought - I can't now! I'm 7 days in!

Well, I did it and I worked up a sweat but boy, was it clumsy and awkward and I didn't get through all of the exercises - which then makes me feel like I shouldn't have bothered.

I did get an additional walk in the snow with my dog in before doing the workout (I normally follow the 30DS with biking) so maybe that tuckered me out too.

Will this get fun again or will it be miserable for the next 22 days?

I feel you and we ALL will experience those days, not one of us can avoid that. It doesn't help, I don't think, that it does get boring on Days 7,8.9 and 10 of the each level. It's hard to motivate yourself when you know what Jillian is about to say before she even says it. Level 2 will be tough but it brings fresh exercises to your body and for your mind to get around and think about, so it does have it's merits.

Also remember, that sticking at this guarantees you results. Jillian ALWAYS delivers. Stumble through your workout if you can't do anything but, but you will STILL have great results at the end. xx
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    I feel guilty like I am cheating myself if I don't work out every day. I finally took a well needed rest day yesterday. You really should take a rest day to give your muscles time to repair, but it's like eating back your exercise calories, it benefits you but seems so counter active.