Funny kid stories

Options
Hi guys!

My son is 9 and opinionated/outspoken. Also now starting to try and figure out male/female interactions.... I thought you single parents might appreciate these funny stories from the past few months:

1. At the store and this guy kept on staring at me. I was trying to ignore him. My son looks at him, and says "do you have a crush on her or something?". Needless to say, the guy looked away really fast.
2. The other day at the gym, a guy casually said hi to me. After he passed, my son asked me, rather loudly "was he flirting with you?"

My son said both of these things very innocently, but enough to embarass old mom. Lol.

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    LOL, you've got a great wing man! My daughter has the same filter... :)

1. We were in Lowes working on a flooring contract. The salesman was friendly and cute, but he'd worked his girlfriend into the conversation at one point so I kept the flirting to a minimum. At the end of the contract signing, he asked if I had any questions. I said no, but my daughter pipes in "Excuse me sir, my mommy's phone number is xxx-xxxx". He turned red as I told her that was inappropriate. Then she says "What, does he already have it?".

2. She also has a habit of introducing me to strange men in line anywhere we are (grocery store, gas station, etc). My favorite was at 7/11. We had 2 firemen ahead of us. She was just smiling away and one complimented her on how pretty she looked. She said "well, thank you sir. I like firemen. My name is ____. This is my mommy ____. She likes firemen too". I didn't even know how to respond to that.
  • KimiC520
    KimiC520 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My kids won't necessarily say things in public that embarrass me (yet), but they will say some random things. About a month ago my youngest asked me to draw her a picture of a ballerina holding hot chicken. I still have no idea where she got that from.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    RunInTheMud - that's awesome! She is a smart little girl... I would have turned beet read in front of those firefighters. lol.
    KimiC520 - I burst out laughing when I read that. A ballerina holding a hot chicken? Hilarious.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Veggie - Yeah, she's pretty awesome... but, way too smart. The firefighter one was when she was 4, the Lowes incident was right after she turned 5. She's equally bad at baseball games. :)
    Kimi - LOL!!
  • KimiC520
    KimiC520 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh! And here is one from my eldest. She was watching me change into my pajamas and asked, "Mommy, why are your boobs like an elephant's trunk?" Complete with an arm movement mimicking an elephants trunk. Yep. Made my day.
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    LOL! Oh no!
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    wow, I wish I could get my kids to help me
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Hmmm... My kid did not really help me... more like scared the guys away! lol