New and needing encouragement

Options
hvenable
hvenable Posts: 3 Member
Hello my name is Hope and I am new to MFP and I'm looking for some encouragement. I was diagnosed with neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer 4 years ago. In February of 2012 I had a Whipple and the cancer was removed and I am cancer free, but it left me with a liver abscess which makes it impossible to exercise. I went from 118 to 145. I'm looking for some friends that want to help build each other up. I'm looking to lose up to 20 pounds. :smile:

Replies

• suzyquackers
    suzyquackers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Hope.
    I have quite a bit more than 20 to lose and could use a friend along the way. I found a lump in my breast in the spring of 2011. It turned out to be a high grade small cell neuro-endocrine cancer, very rare in the breast. Found out at the same time I have the genetic mutation for breast and ovarian cancer. I had chemo and bilateral mastectomy, complete hysterectomy surgeries. Right now I am cancer free. I know weight and healthy eating/exercise play an important role in keeping us healthy and struggle every day to stay on track. If you are still looking for a pal I am available.
    Susan