Newbie on board and post-op life

Options
Hey Guys, just wanted to introduce myself and just say I had my surgery 2/15/13 and trying to adjust to life post-op. Looking to have some place to chat that's a bit smaller than the larger chat boards. Hope to talk to you all soon :)

Replies

• operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome! How is are you adusting so far? Post-op went alot smoother for me than I had expected. I hope the same goes for you. There are alot of encouraging people here. I wish you well.
  • triciavr77
    Options
    So far so good...I am very fortunate to not have any complications and no physical issues at the moment. I have my nutritional visit on the 13th &1 month post op on the 18th. I'm still trying to get adequate protein/water right now, but it is getting a bit easier. It seems like a good group and hopefully not as crazy as some of the other sites I've seen. Thanks for the welcome. :)
  • libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    welcome! my post op when smooth, no issues... I was sleeved 12/10/2012. Feel free to add me as a friend! It is always great to have support! Good luck!
  • donna_l_49
    donna_l_49 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations! I am 6 months out and its been the best thing I have done for myself. This is a great place for advise and support. I have learned a lot from the veterans who have already been through this.
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just hit the 18-month mark. Post op seems like an eternity ago, but it was more tough mentally than physically. Good luck and hang in there, feel free to ask any questions!!
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well. I moved from another board due to way too much drama. I was sleeved 11/20. I've lost 50 lbs and need to loose 50 more. It's coming off slowly but I don't mind that. Haven't had any complications or problems. Glad to have found this section in MFP hopefully I can add a couple of fellow sleever friends!
  • evilnosehair
    Options
    New here too! Sleeved 2/19. Can't say I've been having fun. Pain hasn't been bad except for allergic reaction to the bioadhesive gel they use. Found there is a grey area between pain and inferno of itch. Now I'm so restricted I can only swallow about 2ml (less than half a teaspoon) at a time. Not hitting any goals for protein or fluids for now, but "this too shall pass" no? I thought I'd see what this site has to offer since most of what I have seen elsewhere are uber-critical trolls or the shiny happy people crapping rainbows everywhere. I'm hoping to find some support AND reality here. I am still a ball of hormones (yay, go fat go!) and it is hard to be positive and motivated when you feel like you no longer have control over yourself.
  • MiniMeWannaBe71
    Options
    Hello all im new to MFP and had the sleeve surgery done on 2/19/13 in Las Vegas. Post op life & eating has been more difficult than I had planned for. I tried to be so "prepared" well my tummy isn't going along with all the work I did b4 surgery to get prepared. So im trying to just take things one day at a time one bite/drink at a time. Would love to be able to compare what im eating with others who have had surgery and would love to hear others journey info to maybe give me some ideas of what works or may not work for me. Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read and help me out in anyway you can. Im new so not 100% sure how to get friends on here so if you'd like to send me a request that would be great. Have a wonderful night :}
    Katrina