9 weeks out... and stalled :(

Options
I knew it was coming, but 2 weeks and only lost 1 lb.... really sucks, i have been doing aquafit, eating just as the nutritionist has told me.... but also coming off of a loss of 8 lbs in a week, so i guess it all evens out. Next week will be better. I could really use some more friends for encouragement and support :)

Replies

• actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I know our bodies play tricks at times....mine likes to juggle the same few pounds up and down for several weeks, then bam, I will lose like 7 - 9 pounds "at once" (really is doing what I need to do several weeks, it just wait to show up).

Don't let the scale rule you...eat what you are suppose to eat, and do what you are suppose to do and you will get there. Also, depending on how much exercise you are doing, you may have to eat a little more. Our bodies need more protein to turn the fat into muscle. :)

Good luck and send me a friend request if you are interest.
    Mel

P.S. I almost forgot... I did my VSG on 03/05/12
  • libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see a drop! I had a good loss last week but this week the scales have not moved. Hoping by Monday I will see a change.
    Keep your head up!
  • clblew
    clblew Posts: 30
    Options
    are you measuring? I am almost 8 weeks out and have only lost about 20 lbs since surgery, but have lost a lot of inches. As your body changes and adjusts and you exercise and replace fat with muscle the number on the scale is going to do crazy things. Don't forget "girl week" weight gains still exist! And if you are like me that means the week before AND the week of!
  • Sparklygrrl
    Sparklygrrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months out, and just got off a stall. That started just before christmas. So, I think it lasted about 10 weeks.

On another forum I frequent, I read someone say that our bodies will stall when we get to previous setpoints. Which makes sense for me. I had lost a bunch of weight a number of years ago, and was at the weight I stalled at (about 260) for a couple of years.

So, I went from 262 to 247 in about 10 days.

It sounds like you are doing what you need to be doing, and doing it well. Our bodies sometimes need more time to adjust to a healthy eating and excersize pattern than our heads do!

Good luck!
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Stalls happen. I've had a couple as well. You might consider upping your calories about 10-15%. For a week or so. Also lots of water. It really makes a difference. Please send me a friend request if you'd like! Hang in there!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Stalls are definitely frustrating, but it does help to know that they are expected. :) Just keep doing what you've been doing, assuming that you are following your doctor's guidelines! Also, try to only weigh yourself once a week. I know that's hard to follow sometimes, but it makes it easier to get through the stalls - well, it did for me.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you are following the nutritionist's advice, you will do fine. After such a big loss last week it is not surprising that this week you had none. I do agree with others that DrRINKING WATER is a must and don't get in the habit of weighing yourself too often. You will be fine on this weightloss journey, just keep following the plan and do not allow yourself to slip backwards.
  • tianormie
    tianormie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I know our bodies play tricks at times....mine likes to juggle the same few pounds up and down for several weeks, then bam, I will lose like 7 - 9 pounds "at once" (really is doing what I need to do several weeks, it just wait to show up).

Don't let the scale rule you...eat what you are suppose to eat, and do what you are suppose to do and you will get there. Also, depending on how much exercise you are doing, you may have to eat a little more. Our bodies need more protein to turn the fat into muscle. :)

Good luck and send me a friend request if you are interest.
    Mel

P.S. I almost forgot... I did my VSG on 03/05/12

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I've been up and down on the scale, fluctuating by about 1.5 pnds, and I was becoming a bit discouraged. I feel better after reading your post. :smile:
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are in a VERY typical 2/3 month stall. It happens to nearly all of us at this stage!!!! Please remember, your body is dealing with what it perceives as a traumatic event. Your stomach is finally nearly completely healed (you should be able to handle about 2-3oz of solids at this point, right?) and you are finally eating more "normally" again. Your body is coming out of "fix it" mode and going into the "omgsh, omgsh, what the heck just happened" panic mode. Just keep following your program and TRUST that it is working.

Also, please be kind to yourself. Stalls happen. This will NOT be the first. It will also not be the most frustrating or aggravating or difficult to fix stall. You have to remember at this point that it is not just about the numbers. When I hit my stalls I focused on 3 things. 1) Water. 2) Protein. 3) Move my butt. As long as you are staying hydrated and following your dietary guidelines (each surgeon/dietitian seems to have their own way of doing things) then you will be golden.

Take this time to just relax. You are re-learning how to eat. Don't let numbers cloud this awesome learning time.