Cycling challenge

Options

Replies

• GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    18 km on a stationary bike...

The same again today. I have a pretty kick butt stationary bike. I ride it on days that I don't run - easier on the knees. I bike around 11 miles every time - I think that's 18km right?
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Okay so I did another 2 km. I am going to have to come up with a schedule because 2 km isn't going to cut it this far in.

Total so far: 4 km.

I will have to get to it when I my daughter is at school.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I have done 21 kms today in 90 minutes. This is my personal best to date:) Cycling is going good for me and I hope you guys will also be enjoying it as weather is getting better.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Options
    Wow as I am reading everyone else's posts I am feeling more and more like a wimp.:frown: Do you guys have recumbant or upright bikes?

Mine is recumbant and I find that I can go for longer on a regular bike. I thought that the style of bike I have now would be better but I don't love it.

Maybe I need to slow down so I can go for longer distances? I am going to play with different methods b/c I gotta do better then this. Boo on me.
  • umer76
    Options
    Wow as I am reading everyone else's posts I am feeling more and more like a wimp.:frown: Do you guys have recumbant or upright bikes?

Mine is recumbant and I find that I can go for longer on a regular bike. I thought that the style of bike I have now would be better but I don't love it.

Maybe I need to slow down so I can go for longer distances? I am going to play with different methods b/c I gotta do better then this. Boo on me.

I am using upright bike. I think it is difficult to go for longer distances on recumbent bikes. Dont worry, these numbers are for encouragement and for pushing ourselves more and more.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, as the week ended, I have the results on a spreadsheet.
    Here is the question, though: how do I post a table in here? If I copy and paste you just see scramble text.
    How do people do that?
  • umer76
    Options
    I guess we need to ask Dell as he is maintaining the survivor challenge and weight loss charts. I will send him an email and see if he can help us.
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    29.5 miles or 47.2 km! That is about all I had in the tank for today...

Goal: 160
    Total so far for March: 80.8 km

Looks like I might need to up my goal. :)
  • Kaddyshack21
    Options
    Well I tried intervals today. Most of my biking was done at a 12-14 km/hour pace then I had had burst of 20-25 km/hr ( according to my bike at least)

Today I was able to do 7 km.

So grand total of 11 Km.

Also watching a movie while doing it helps...not going to lie!!! LOL
  • umer76
    Options
    Well I tried intervals today. Most of my biking was done at a 12-14 km/hour pace then I had had burst of 20-25 km/hr ( according to my bike at least)

Today I was able to do 7 km.

So grand total of 11 Km.

Also watching a movie while doing it helps...not going to lie!!! LOL
    This is a big improvement from last couple of burns. Good job done!
  • umer76
    Options

Yeah you need to double the goal mate:)
  • Rodamort
    Options

Yeah you need to double the goal mate:)

But there is still a chance of snow... 14 day forecast there is at least 1 day they expect snow. It was cold enough outside this morning that it felt like my eyeballs were going to freeze with the wind blowing in my face. Might have to get a pair of sunglasses to protect my eyes while riding. :) I do have a personal goal to hit 300 km's this month.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    18 km on a stationary bike...

The same again today. I have a pretty kick butt stationary bike. I ride it on days that I don't run - easier on the knees. I bike around 11 miles every time - I think that's 18km right?

And again...18km/11miles on 03/09...

Snow again today - so looks like I'll be on the stationary bike a little big longer....
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ok, here we are with the results. At least I'm giving it a try. Let me know if you can/cannot see the table.

cyclingchallenge1_zps1aa3b1c9.png
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Ok, here we are with the results. At least I'm giving it a try. Let me know if you can/cannot see the table.

AWESOME! Thanks for doing this!!!
  • Kaddyshack21
    Options
    Thanks for doing a chart. I have done 11 km now. Hoping to bump up those numbers tomorrow:bigsmile: Thanks for keeping track!!!
  • umer76
    Options

It is showing perfectly alright. Thanks for putting up the stats.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    11km on 03/11/13 on my stupid inside bike.... (well - it's not really stupid :smile:)

Maybe one of these days the snow will be gone and I will be able to FINALLY bike outside!!
  • umer76
    Options
    5 km of stationary bike done today.
  • Rodamort
    Options
    Today: 31 miles or 49.6 km! :) Guess I am no longer a fair weather rider as I went through 2 downpours, a stiff 10 mph wind on the way back and over some patches of snow and ice before I had to turn back because it got too bad and almost crashed. So worth it!

Total this month: 81.5 miles or 130.4 km
    3/4 - 33.6
    3/9 - 47.2
    3/16 - 49.6