Weekly Chat 3/3 - 3/9

Options
babeinthemoon
babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
So sorry I've been MIA this week. Girl Scout cookie sales are sure taking a lot of extra time out of my day... that and my husband is now....

officially

finished

with

school!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little excited... can't you tell? LOL! It has been a whirlwind of a week.. I gained a pound, but I'm getting my period, so I should expect some water retention. Sigh. Tomorrow is a new day!

-sarah

Replies

• WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Sorry to be MIA!!! We came back from vacation and promptly started passing the flu around the household. What great fun~ NOT!!!!

Vacation bloat left quick with the whole feeling like garbage stuff. There have been tons of skipped meals so I need to get back to a regular eating schedule. I was supposed to have some allergy testing this week but am not sure 100% when I will do that now since have jury duty this week and next . I started including gluten and dairy in my diet again when I started CTL and decided some definite testing was in order to see if this is real and measurable that I am noticing a lot more tummy issues. i think regardless of what the testing says I will start doing CTL with more of a paleo twist. I lost better on CTL but felt better on paleo. I think they can be combined fine.

I don't know if I ever updated about our vacation but it was divine! I loved the cruise and the rest of the trip. I am going to start cracking down on spending so we can afford another this time next year but take our kids.

I decided I am not going to use anymore fat free dressing etc. They just have too many chemicals in them. I also think I need a bit more fat since my skin got really dry.

Congrats on hubby being out of school Sarah!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!

Hope you all are doing well!!!!
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say "hi" :)

I discovered this plan two weeks ago and started last Tuesday. I've lost a few pounds, but more importantly, this seems like something I can stick to. I've actually enjoyed myself and have experienced very little hunger.
  • WIChelle
    Options

I discovered this plan two weeks ago and started last Tuesday. I've lost a few pounds, but more importantly, this seems like something I can stick to. I've actually enjoyed myself and have experienced very little hunger.
    [/quote

Welcome to the group!!! ]
  • babeinthemoon
    Options

Welcome to the group circapaleo!!

Okay... so it's Tuesday night here. I have been having a hard time eating "completely" on plan... but for the most part I'm making good choices, so I can't complain too much. Thankfully Cookie Season is officially over. I'm so glad too. My daughter sold over 400 boxes of cookies. Wow. this is nearly double last year's number!

When my son got home from Boy Scouts this evening... I found out he was elected to be a part of the "Order of the Arrow" in Boy Scouts. I am super proud of him too!

I went to Jazzercise class #17 tonight too. It kicked my *kitten*. I gotta get back into the swing of things, because those 8 pound weights that were starting to get light, are getting heavy again. Sigh. Hopefully on the 23rd I can get back to my strength training class. I can't this weekend since we'll be planting wild flowers in a local park... and next Saturday I'll be "resting" to get ready for my first 5k run on the 17th.

Gulp. I'll be running a 5k with 35000 people in 12 days. I'm scared. LOL. Okay... so it will be more like 12000 people running the 5k (there is a 8k & 15k too)... but still. That's a big crowd... and I don't do well in crowds. LOL

I'm going to drink some more water and then hit the hay. What a day.
  • Hi everyone! I've been logging my food, but also MIA on the CTL boards. I've been experimenting with actually eating MORE to see if it helps me lose and it DOES. On days when I burned 600 calories and only ate 1200, I was only netting 600 calories, which is TOO low and I wasn't losing. So, I did all the calculations and see that 1900 calories daily (no matter if I work out or not) is better for me and I'm losing!!! I'm excited AND I get to eat more!!!!

Circapaleo, wecome!!! :flowerforyou:

Babeinthemoon, you will do GREAT in your 5k! I've ran lots of them and find all my nerves disappear once I start the race. I have a website in which I share lots of my races (and my weight-loss), if you are interested. I haven't updated in a LONG time, but I'm still running. It's here: http://www.freewebs.com/jeddomommonica/

Wichelle, glad you had a great vacation! Sorry about the flu. :frown:

Have a super rest of the week everyone!!! :smile: Monica
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yeah Sara! Congrats to your hubby finishing school! Don't worry about the pound it's probably just water weight! You got this!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been MIA for a few weeks now! Passed my inspections and reviews with flying colors! I'm having trouble getting back on program. It was so easy to slip back into my old habits...wish my new habits stuck. Any tips for getting back onto program would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Yeah Sara! Congrats to your hubby finishing school! Don't worry about the pound it's probably just water weight! You got this! Best wishes on your 5k you will do fabulous!

Monica I too have been MIA here for a while too! Best wishes upping your calories!

Wichell, glad you had a divine time on your vacation...so sorry about you getting ill. Hope you and everyone are feeling better!

Circapaleo welcome! Congrats on losing a few pounds already! Keep it up, you'll be to goal in no time! :)
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I've been a little MIA myself lately -- just been busy. And, bummed that I have been maintaining. I DON'T WANT to do a slingshot week -- for whatever reason -- but maybe it is something that I need? Not sure.

We leave for vacation in 10 days or so.

I know that my body is changing with exercise though and my measurements are going down. Tomorrow is WI day, so we will see. I do feel good. :smile:

These last 20 pounds have been brutal to get off! Geez. Thanks for listening to my frustrations.

Have a great day!
    --Christine
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Oi. What a 24 hours! My daughter had been complaining of her lower belly hurting for the last 2 days. Well, last night she threw up, and my dh decided enough was enough, and we needed to get her seen. Well, to make a very long story short, they suspected a UTI or appendicitis... but were able to rule the latter out after sending us to a Children's hospital for a very long 1.25 hour ultrasound. Official diagnosis: a really nasty lower GI virus. We finally were home and in our own beds at 4am... I slept so good since I was relieved that my baby girl (age 8) didn't have to go under the knife. :)

Didn't finally get up and moving officially for the day until 3pm. Went to class 19 of Jazzercise... and totally killed it. burned 828 calories in an hour. Feel really good about it. Looked in the mirror after my shower (and getting dressed), and realized for the first time that I can actually see a difference in my shape. Is that a waist that is starting to form? Huh? Go figure! :)

I just found out that my Grandpa is in the hospital tonight. He has just over a month to go before he turns 90 and gets a super cool birthday party. I sure hope that he gets better soon. If not, well.... we know he will be going to heaven, and will join my Grandmother and their son... so that would be good too. He has had a great life.. lots of heartache and pain, too, but overall, a pretty great life. :)

Keep up the great work everyone!! You can do this!
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Hi everyone! The trial I was on this week for jury duty ended yesterday. It was very interesting! The snacks and lunches were not CTL approved though. I weighed in today and am up 2. Kind of ironic it was a slip and fall case and acting as a juror I wiped out. It is kind of funny even though it hurts. I finally got in last night after the trial at urgent care. I was worried I broke my thumb since I can't move it after 2 days. They were worried about the bones hand to wrist so I am waiting for the referral to the orthopedist. Eh gads!!!! I know nothing about x rays but supposedly it was hard to get a good read because of the 2 days of swelling. Praying it is just badly sprained and all will heal asap. Regardless everything is braced up and protected.

Sarah I hope you daughter feels better soon! Poor kid and what a fright for you!!! I'm so sorry your grandpa isn't doing well

Christine you might need that week. Didn't JB do very well with it???? Your body is changing so celebrate :)

Midge I know what you mean. I have been on off since coming back from vacation due to flu, laziness and the jury meals. . I think we just need to do it!

Monica I'm glad you found something that is working well for you!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Chelle, I'm sorry to hear about your hand! Hope it feels better soon.

Today my stress level is really high. I ended up having an emotional breakdown... but on the good side of things, all the crying was a good release. Ate total crap today.. now I'm just pushing water for the rest of the night, and will go out for at least a walk, if not a run in a little bit. I'm thinking my husband is starting to understand the stress I've been under... now that he has come out of his "school-shell." Hopefully I'm getting my support system in place quickly so that the healing can begin again.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm planning on making soup so I have something "easy" to eat when I have another stress episode.

Ugh. All that pizza I just ate is quite the lump in my stomach. At least I had a lot of salad too... so that has to count for something. :)
  • It seems like everyone is busy and there is a high stress level for a lot of us. Stressed here too and I too am putting off doing a slingshot week. I'm not even sure why, I just don't want to! I'm going to though, starting Sunday. After my nice loss last week, I didn't lose this week. Have a fun Saturday everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    So, it's 2pm, and I've been up for a grand total of 3 hours. Well... not exactally, since I didnt' go to bed until after 1am, and woke up wide awake at 5:30... and didn't fall back to sleep until around 8am. So I got a decent amount of sleep.. just not at the right time. I've had my breakfast shake, and worked out in the yard for an hour. Now I'm going to have some "lunch" and sit and relax with some water for a while.

I ended up trimming back all my rose bushes. It took me 55 minutes, and according to my hrm I burned 290 cal. So, not bad at this point. I'm planning on trying to go out for a walk with a friend later. hopefully we can squease it in. I'd like to get enough exercise in so that I can sleep well tonight.
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Sarah I am so sorry you are having so much stress! I think a good cry helps. I hope hubby can help take some of the stress off. So did you get that walk?

How2win ~ good luck on the slingshot :)

I am trying not to be too frustrated with things. I weighed in today and was WAY up. Like right back to the beginning up. How odd is that when I have not been over eating cal wise? Yesterday I ate once. Ground beef and a sweet potato. Obviously skipping all these meals has a bad effect even if it does not make sense calorie wise. I am near the end of tom so it shouldn't be that. I am getting crabby since I am not very handy at making food 1 handed. I am going to have dh help me today.

I can't wait to get into the orthopedist and find out what is up. I was crabby to have clients calling and wondering if I could possibly be in this week. just special for them only. I have no idea how I am supposed to do hair if my thumb, most of my hand and wrist are immobilized in an ugly contraption that needs to stay on. 24/7 for now I coulnt grasp before they put this on either.. Cant grasp= problem. I'm trying not to get frustrated with them for wondering if I could make an exception JUST for them. Sure I will if you don't care how your hair looks being cut, colored, styled one handed. EEKK. My clients are very important to me but I can not preform miracles. If I can't use my hand I can't use my hand. End of story.

I will be starting to use a BodyFit Media as soon as it is charged up :) I bought the 1 year subscription so I wont waste the $ spent.