Dinner ideas pls

Options
lauraellie10
lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
I so desperately need some ideas for dinners???

Please pls share any recipes or ideas for dinners.

Thank you xxxxxxx

Replies

• MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What do you like eating? I'm still in winter mode, so casseroles & soups are good,filling,low cal, healthy meals. My basic casserole is pretty simple: an onion,any root veg I can find, stock, a few mushrooms and meat of the day, put all in a pot and cook in the oven or onthe hob for 90-120mins. Soup is the same,minus the meat, and adding in some cabbage and sweetcorn,on the hob for 30mins. Whizz if you want a thick soup. Add already cooked meat at the end if you like.

Or fish is always a good low cal, high protein, low carb staple. We had mackerel fillets with quinoa cooked in stock with bacon lardons, and some green beans on the side..... yesterday was trout with new potatoes and sugar snap peas. Grill or bake the fish, boil the carbs,and steam or stir fry the veg.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    What do you like eating? I'm still in winter mode, so casseroles & soups are good,filling,low cal, healthy meals. My basic casserole is pretty simple: an onion,any root veg I can find, stock, a few mushrooms and meat of the day, put all in a pot and cook in the oven or onthe hob for 90-120mins. Soup is the same,minus the meat, and adding in some cabbage and sweetcorn,on the hob for 30mins. Whizz if you want a thick soup. Add already cooked meat at the end if you like.

Or fish is always a good low cal, high protein, low carb staple. We had mackerel fillets with quinoa cooked in stock with bacon lardons, and some green beans on the side..... yesterday was trout with new potatoes and sugar snap peas. Grill or bake the fish, boil the carbs,and steam or stir fry the veg.

As above, but could chuck in some curry powder / paste, omit the meat, and make a veg curry, beware of rice on the side, calorie loaded

Slow cooked casserole, veggie or with some meat [beware of the spuds]

And even fish & chips, portion controlled, can work

PS second the fish, grill, oven bake in tin foil or microwave
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    cod or chicken wrapped in parma ham

home made wedges

chicken teriyaki & vegetable stir fry & rice

Bucatini all'Amatriciana - spicy bacon & pancetta pasta
  • ursiestar
    ursiestar Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I don't know if I am allowed to recommend websites but found some healthy interesting recipes on www.taste.com.au tonite I am making chermoula fish tagine which is only around 252 cals plus whatever sides you want to add.

I've done so much searching for recipes because I get bored so easily :blushing:

Happy to share but don't know wot kind of things you like x
  • jannemarie74
    jannemarie74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "food.com/recipes" is a good site and recipes have cals. etc. by the side of all the recipes i have seen!!!!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There's some good ideas in the recipe board on mfp, although some of it *is* a bit Americanised. Sometimes I read a headline that sounds good, then open the thread to a list of "ingredients" without any food and full of chemicals/brands that re either unobtainable or illegal in the uk! The picture thread is quite good for ideas. So are my friends diaries lol.

ETA: soss, mash and fried onions tonight - you can't be perfectly healthy all the time, where's the fun in that?!
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    i'm obsessed with roast veg atm.. like literally, olive oil, garlic peppers chop, whack in the oven done! an then like some fish or chicken or whatever on the side
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    i'm obsessed with roast veg atm.. like literally, olive oil, garlic peppers chop, whack in the oven done! an then like some fish or chicken or whatever on the side

I am also on the roasted veg wagon, I did see something, think maybe Jamie Oliver of Hugh what name, any how, roasted cauliflower & broccoli, sort of worked but needed longer than the recipe said

I bung my veg into a poly bag, glug of oil, give it a shake, then into roasting dish. hopefully reduces the oil calories
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    depends on if you like cooking/what you like to eat.

allrecipes.co.uk is quite good!
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the slimming world recipies at the moment
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    As mentioned earlier you can't beat good old chicken prawn or vegstir fry or casseroles, curries, chilli etc. Its all about portion control. I also make my own tomato based pasta sauce, meatballs, kedgeree, coleslaw with protein such as smoked mackerel, sausages roasted with veggies plus swede and potato mash /swede reduces the cals in mash as does cauliflower, I weigh everything including the carbs portions.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The BBC Good Food website is amazing... www.bbcgoodfood.com.

Ax
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The BBC Good Food website is amazing... www.bbcgoodfood.com.

Ax

^^^^This!!!!! It's an excellent website! I've also got the roasted veg thing going on too, lol!!!