Who is doing SL and still losing weight?

Options
kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
I really want to get 10lb off. Who is going SL and still losing?

What are your usual meals/calories? Do you do anything beyond SL?

Replies

• hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have been doing SL since the first week of January and I've lost 9lbs, 3% body fat and inches. I'm eating about 1600 calories a day and the only other exercise I do is Zumba twice a week. I only do the Zumba because I love the class otherwise I probably wouldn't be doing anything else.

As far as food I don't really eat that great. I still go over my calories about once a week and eat chips and ice cream. I am trying to get plenty of protein but don't always make that happen.

I still have quite a bit of fat to lose but I'm not sure where I'll end up weight wise.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm trying, with 10lbs to lose. It's been slow going for me but others have had far faster results. I do 3 lots of 45min cardio a week too. I.aim for 98g protein per day, 1380cals on rest days & 1770 on work-out days, but am just coming to the end of week one of that regime do time will tell.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    yep I've been losing consistantly while maintaining muscle. I still have 13 kilo to lose. I was only doing SL 3 to 4 times a week no other exercise. Starting tomorrow I am adding back in walking 3 times a week as well.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I started SL on Feb. 15 and have been losing consistently, as well.

I started at 175 lbs. and weighed 172.2 yesterday. I have also lost two inches from my waist in that time, as well.

My diet...hmmmm. I did used the heybales spreadsheet to calculate my activity, age, height, weight, etc., and I am eating 1811 calories daily, not adding exercise calories back and then re-eating them, if that makes sense. I am 5'7", and weighing in at 172 currently.

A typical day goes something like this: Oikos strawberry Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of granola mixed in,. Lunch is a spinach salad with carrots, broccoli, shredded cheese, olives, banana peppers, and some kind of protein; either meat left over from dinner the night before, or I'll grab a small chicken breast from the deli bar at work. Snacks range from fruit to whey protein shakes on lift days, to a handful of nuts or sunflower seeds to popcorn. I measure everything, Dinner is meat ( usually fish, chicken or lean pork, tho I will splurge on beef when I crave it), veggies or salad, and rice or quinoa. And of course, I allow myself wine.

Hope that helps... :flowerforyou:

ETA that I don't do a lot of traditional cardio, but you will find me in front of the Wii doing WiiFit, or Wii Sports for about an hour on non-lift days, and I walk a lot during the day.
  • Angellaree
    Angellaree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ME!!

I'm eating 1900 calories a day, which is about TDEE-25%. Started SL in January, and here's my progress as of the beginning of the month:

Februarycomparisonside_small_zpsc3788a95.jpg

ETA: I didn't see you had asked about other exercise. On two of my off days I do 45 minutes on the arc trainer (kind of like an elliptical). Occasionally I'll get a wild idea that I want to jog. Then I will do that, but I eat those calories back. (I use Heybales spreadsheet as well, and so arc trainer and lifting are calculated in that so I don't record those, but anything over what's already in the spreadsheet I'll eat back.)
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I really want to get 10lb off. Who is going SL and still losing?

What are your usual meals/calories? Do you do anything beyond SL?

I actually broke my plateau after starting SL but I also still have a lot of weight to lose. (40+lbs) I also decided to focus more on BF than my weight because the scale drives me NUTS!

I use Heybales spreadsheet too and eat 1930 per day and try to stay near that +/- 100 cals.

I do some kind of cardio 2x a week.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting, not stronglifts but similar things, the whole time that I've been losing. The last three weeks I only had two lifting sessions and I still lost.

I do my weights -- stronglifts takes me about 40 minutes -- and I cycle for 15-20 minutes. If I don't feel too sore I might do cardio or yoga on a fourth day also. I'm somewhat active otherwise, taking my dog to the park, being on my feet for my hobbies/cooking, that kind of thing.

I'm eating 2,000 calories. I have blood sugar problems so I eat five times per day (and i have a carb at bedtime for medicinal purposes). Basically, I have a shake first thing. Then I have a morning snack of 1/2 portion of meat, 1/2 portion of starch, and about 1 1/2 cups raw veggies. Lunch is 1 portion of meat, 1 portion of starch, and 2 cups veggies. I have a small snack in the afternoon or I eat a small snack plus a postworkout snack. Then dinner is 1 portion of meat and 2-3 cups veggies. My diary is open and you can take a look at it. You'll see that I'm not really rigid about that plan, but that is the basic framework of it.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I started doing SL about 6 weeks ago. I did not lose any weight for 2 weeks but then I lost 4 bs in the following 2 weeks. I have been eating at just above my BMR.

As my lifting weights have increased I am finding I am getting extremely hungry all the time and suffering from a lack of energy on most days. My weight seems to have stalled again over the last two eeks. This week I have changed to calorie cycling and am adding 100 cals to my non lifting days and 350 to my lifting days and also intend having a refeed day at TDEE every 10 days.

I only have around 10/12 lbs to go to target, so happy to feed my muscles and have a slower loss for this last bit.

I lift on three days and just do either light cardio on treadmill or walk the dog on non-lifting days.
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ME!!

I'm eating 1900 calories a day, which is about TDEE-25%. Started SL in January, and here's my progress as of the beginning of the month:

ETA: I didn't see you had asked about other exercise. On two of my off days I do 45 minutes on the arc trainer (kind of like an elliptical). Occasionally I'll get a wild idea that I want to jog. Then I will do that, but I eat those calories back. (I use Heybales spreadsheet as well, and so arc trainer and lifting are calculated in that so I don't record those, but anything over what's already in the spreadsheet I'll eat back.)

Hi,

What is that spreadsheet please? I did look at the link posted a few days ago but i didnt understand what it was, am i being thick lol?

Your doing great by the way, very inspirational!! In fact its you and your progress that finally pursauded me to go for SL :) Bought my utility bench and squat stands today, cant wait to get started now :)

Thanks

Sarah x

PS Do you mind if i add you? :) Id love to keep up with how your doing!!
  • auddii
    Options
    ME!!

Hi,

What is that spreadsheet please? I did look at the link posted a few days ago but i didnt understand what it was, am i being thick lol?

Your doing great by the way, very inspirational!! In fact its you and your progress that finally pursauded me to go for SL :) Bought my utility bench and squat stands today, cant wait to get started now :)

Thanks

Sarah x

The spreadsheet is a tool for helping to determine your activity level, TDEE, and eating goals. The spreadsheet is here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

There are a lot of tabs, but I only use the simple setup (because it's simple...). You start by entering your weight, height, goal weight, measurements (for estimating body fat), body fat (from estimates). Then there's a section that asks you how long you spend doing different types of activities. This will help figure your activity level, and I find it more accurate than just guessing (most people assume they are sedentary). Then it does some magical calculations and tells you how many calories to eat. You can then change your MFP goals manually and put those calories in. With this method you don't log or eat back exercise calories. (If you want to log exercise, log it as one calorie.) Every five pounds you lose, you update your weight and measurements, and it will recalculate your calories.

If you're having problems with the spreadsheet and you're using google documents, you can't edit it unless you make a copy. I think you can also save it as an excel file although I have not tried that.

And thanks, it's pretty flattering to be an inspiration, but that's what I love about this group. We're all supportive, and all of the ladies are inspirational, even if my body looks nothing like theirs.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a guy but here's' 3 months of SL. I dont do anything else either. I dont count calories other than just approximating what I eat. Im not that close to goal yet so that will probably change on how much I need to be diligent about it. Counting calories has never been anything I thought I could be long term so I just want to implement changes that will last for lifetime otherwise I feel like I'm just gong to crash and burn

gzDU8rvl.jpg
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    ME!!

Hi,

Thanks

Sarah x

The spreadsheet is a tool for helping to determine your activity level, TDEE, and eating goals. The spreadsheet is here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

There are a lot of tabs, but I only use the simple setup (because it's simple...). You start by entering your weight, height, goal weight, measurements (for estimating body fat), body fat (from estimates). Then there's a section that asks you how long you spend doing different types of activities. This will help figure your activity level, and I find it more accurate than just guessing (most people assume they are sedentary). Then it does some magical calculations and tells you how many calories to eat. You can then change your MFP goals manually and put those calories in. With this method you don't log or eat back exercise calories. (If you want to log exercise, log it as one calorie.) Every five pounds you lose, you update your weight and measurements, and it will recalculate your calories.

If you're having problems with the spreadsheet and you're using google documents, you can't edit it unless you make a copy. I think you can also save it as an excel file although I have not tried that.

And thanks, it's pretty flattering to be an inspiration, but that's what I love about this group. We're all supportive, and all of the ladies are inspirational, even if my body looks nothing like theirs.

Thank you so much for taking the time for such an informative reply, i really appreciate it!! I will have a proper look at the spread sheet now as it will probably make more sense to me now :) I cant wait to get started now!! :)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I am doing three full body heavy lifting workouts every week (not the stronglifts splits) and some hill sprints and other cardio twice per week, two days rest and I have started to lose again on a deficit. Was stable weight but losing inches and body fat for ooh 6 or 7 months. No pics to show I am afraid, but have started taking progress pics just this week to compare later.

I am eating 1800 - 2000 cals per day (2000 cals two days per week), my diary is open if you want to take a peek. I am also trying to shift about 10 lbs of fat. Want to get this bf % down so I can start messing with the bulking and cutting for a bit, have never played around with eating excess and lifting, would love to see how heavy I go on surplus for a change. Alas, have to shift the lard first *sigh*
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    ME!!

Hi,

Thanks

Sarah x

Im struggling with the spreadsheet lol cant figure out how to edit it :/ Make a copy isnt highlighted for me to choose and iv tried opening it in excel spreadsheet viewer but again, wont let me edit. im not very good with these types of things sadly :(
  • auddii
    Options
    Im struggling with the spreadsheet lol cant figure out how to edit it :/ Make a copy isnt highlighted for me to choose and iv tried opening it in excel spreadsheet viewer but again, wont let me edit. im not very good with these types of things sadly :(

If you go to "file" then make a copy isn't an option? Do you have a google account and are signed in? (Not sure if you have to have google, but it would make sense if you want to save a document to google drive.)
  • sarahlouise7
    Options

If you go to "file" then make a copy isn't an option? Do you have a google account and are signed in? (Not sure if you have to have google, but it would make sense if you want to save a document to google drive.)

Ah ok, thank you, that will be it then lol I shall give that a go. thanks hunnie
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    ok so iv got it copied, entered my own details.......but how do i save them? im not sure what to do next to make it my own lol Any help greatly appreciated :) Thank you
  • auddii
    Options
    ok so iv got it copied, entered my own details.......but how do i save them? im not sure what to do next to make it my own lol Any help greatly appreciated :) Thank you

Ha, google automatically saves the data every minute or so. If you close it, everything you entered there will still be there.
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I just did the same thing. Its possible you have to enable editing. After you save the file, then open it, look up at the top, and see if there is a button to "enable editing" in the middle, and click. Hope that helps.

I just did the spreadsheet. We'll see how it goes. I have been struggling to eat find maint.and eat just under, but I have gained over the past month so getting frustrated. A little means a lot on a small fram. Oh, and HORRORS! The spread sheet information is based on the highest of the 3 estimates, 45% BF - which is way too high. I can see too much definition for that. I would look like a marshmallow! Anything I can do to increase the accuracy? I am struggling to use the other tabs.