Losing weight when pregnant.

Options
Ofaatu
Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
Hi everyone.

Just found out I was pregnant the other day. Came as a bit of a shock as firstly I am 38 and only have one tube after losing one to an ectopic pregnancy ten years ago. Doctor said losing all the weight I did probably made me super fertile again.

Anyway, she has given me the all clear for cardio of no more then 30 minutes daily and heart rate not to go over 130. I can continue weights, but not increase them. So am happy enough with that. I was doing boot camp until I found out and have had to quit. So I am reasonably fit considering I still have a bit of weight to lose.

She has also said I can keep on losing weight and not to put any on. I am currently 98 kg, and my goal weight is 65. Although I would like to get to 70 first as I think I may be happy at that weight.

Anyone else losing weight when pregnant? I'm a bit worried about my will power, between having no energy and nauseous I wonder how on earth I'm going to manage this!

Replies

• mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am surprised no one has commented. I expected a ton of don't lose while pregnant. blah blah blah. But, hey I am one trying to lose. However, before anyone does respond and go on a tangent. I have my doctors permission and also she said I have to up my calories by the 2nd trimester and more the 3rd. So, my goals. Lose 1st trimester, stay the same the 2nd, and gain the 3rd. Some background information about me. I lost 43 lbs (put one back on last week). I am still 30 lbs overweight. Since I found out I was pregnant I have lost 5. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I try to eat 1500 calories a day right now. If I workout I usually eat back all those calories. If I am hungry I go over. Simple as that. I choose healthy choices ( minues the week I gained. I cut into the valentines candy a little too much. Boy did I crave it that week. LOL). I have no morning sickness. However, I do not feel well at all in the evenings so it makes it hard to eat. So, I am learning to work around that and having a larger lunch and a tiny dinner. I usually feel great around noon. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I gained about 65 with my first! Gained 27 with my 2nd. Goal of gaining only 10 with this one. going to walk out the hospital at my starting weight hopefully. My doctor has never given me a hard time about my weight gain but she knows I am concerned over it this time around. My first appt I was eating 1300 calories and not eating back all workout calories. She said no to that. She made me up it to 1500. I have another appt next tuesday.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm surprised no one has commented, since the OP said she was losing weight with her doctor's blessing. Since we know her doctor said it's ok, and presumably she will keep up with regular prenatal appointments, I don't see that anyone should have a problem with it.

Typically it's not recommended to lose weight while pregnant, but as long as you are doing it on the advice of your doctor and are being properly monitored, it's fair game. I'm not sure how many ladies on here are actively losing, though, which is probably why no one other than jchepulis has responded. Some are losing inadvertently in the first trimester, though!

Best wishes to the OP, and congratulations!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose while expecting.. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow for this baby. In Nov, when I was pg (we lost it) I was told not to gain and I could lose if I wanted. Actually what he said was "how many cals were you eating to lose?" I told him and he said to eat 300 more then that. I look forward to figuring out what workouts I can do this time around. I had spotting so the past few weeks I haven't done anything. I have gained 5 pounds. eeeeek. You are welcome to add me as a friend if you would like.