Showing Already?!?

Options
ct52577
ct52577 Posts: 15 Member
It is crazy I'm only five and a half.weeks pregnant and I look like I'm four months along. My stomached popped out tonight. We have been hoping for this pregnancy for a while and not ready to let everyone know yet. But it is hard to hide I feel.cuz I lost 114 lbs over the past 14 months and now my tummy is popping out. I hope it goes down by tomorrow morning. Anyone else have this?

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Bloating is very normal in the first trimester, and very frustrating and uncomfortable too :( I would wake up looking not pregnant and go to bed with a belly. It's normal and it will pass, just in time to really be showing :)
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started "showing" around 7 weeks. This is my second pregnancy and I hear you tend to show earlier with the second...but a lot of it was bloating. Some days I look much bigger than others...depends on how gassy I am or how much I ate. Fun stuff huh?
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd and I am 8 weeks tomorrow. Not showing but I am overweight by about 30 lbs. Plus with 2 c sections I hold my weight in that pouch. I wish I showed early. Would love that tiny baby bump. Jealous of people that get it. :frown: But, maybe I am lucky too. my two children I carried them a bit inward. I don't get huge and uncomfortable. I didn't even wear maternity clothes with my 2nd until I was about 5.5 months. At full term I look probably around 4 or 5 months. I have of my daughters hands on my tummy. I was 32 weeks pregnant at the time. I put it in a photo book covering the highlights of the year and when people see it they can't believe I was 32 weeks. they think I am usually around 3 or 4 months. But, I was much heavier back then. So, we will see what this pregnancy will bring.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of early bloating, so what you're seeing may not be your uterus and baby just yet. Yes, it's true that you tend to show earlier with subsequent pregnancies after your first. My first I didn't show for quite a while, and this time I remember going to my first doctor's appointment around 7.5 weeks and being scared that she was going to tell me I was having twins because I was so bloated and had more morning sickness than I did the first time around. Nope, there's just one in there. My doctor kind of chuckled and told me that it's just because this is #2 for me, at least with regard to my belly. (She had no explanation for the increase in nausea, but it magically disappeared after I got a stomach bug at 8.5 weeks.)

The bloating stagnated for a few weeks, and around 11-12 weeks I started having to wear some of my old, bigger clothes (not maternity clothes). Around 16-17 weeks I switched to maternity clothes.
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yeah 7 weeks tomorrow here and so puffy.. My daughters laugh because I look pg.. Although that has to do with this being the 6th baby too. It will get better. Soon it will be a hard baby belly instead of puff.