Ideas for Meals and Snacks when Travelling?

Options
Blingslinger
Blingslinger Posts: 12 Member
Hello fellow CTL peeps :)

I'm taking a trip to CA this week (we're driving). I thought I'd post and see if you guys have any suggestions for snacks/meals that travel well, are easy, and will keep me on my CTL path? I can bring a cooler, but space will be limited. For example, I have Babe's suggestion for on the go low carb snack:

Turkey Jerky" (protein, usually 1oz)
baby carrots (veggie - one serving = 85)
String cheese or nuts: usually almonds (fat)

I would love any other suggestions you might have! Thanks all!

Replies

• lexi_kaye
    Options
    Sorry I can't be of much help yet (just started yesterday), but have a great trip!
    I am really looking forward to some of the answers as I work long hours and most of my meals are consumed at work so I need them portable and quick.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    If you have a cooler, another LC option that I love to take is sliced herb turkey (lunch meat) 2 oz, a string cheese & broccoli/carrots/celery. Sometimes I even make a veggie dip with greek yogurt and a black pepper dressing seasoning from Penzy's spices.

HC favorite to go meals would be greek yogurt and fruit. :)
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    Some stores sell single servings of almond butter in little packages that can be used as a dip for celery sticks. When I travel I either pre-measure protein powder in plastic bags and take bottles of water, or bring a few containers of prepared protein drinks in case I get caught without a suitable meal choice.
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also do the following when traveling:

--oatmeal, packaged myself in individual servings
    --my shakes
    --tuna packets
    --peanut butter packets
    --packets of nuts
    --protein bars (I like Kind or Think Thin)
  • Blingslinger
    Blingslinger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Keep 'em coming! Great ideas!!