baxgilter
baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
http://youtu.be/xW9_sW_3ECg

Please and Thank you

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    A range of angles is usually best. From first look you should push your knees out more to make sure they're tracking with your toes, and stop rounding your upper back.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Agree, a side angle might be really helpful. Also, it seems like you're standing up in two stages. Your hips start to rise, but your chest stays kind of low then you straighten up at the end. It should be a more fluid, connected movement. It also makes me wonder if you chest is dropping too low (again hard to see from this angle).
  • Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    I agree with pushing your knees out. They should point out in the same direction as your toes. Then you should be able to squat down a little lower. Also, bring the bar down a little lower and unwrap your thumb around the bar. Your wrists should be straight and not bent.

-Vince.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I agree with your knees....looks like you might just want to tweak your stance a bit maybe. Otherwise honestly I thought it looked pretty decent. You do tend to bend a bit on the way up but I think it's because you are leading with your hips, which is what should be happening but with that being said, if the bar is still in line with the halfway mark on your feet, you are good. Side angle video would help with that!
  • baxgilter
    Options
    http://youtu.be/NcibuVpv2d0

Updated side angle
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I think you look great....looks like the bar stays solid over the middle of the feet. Looks like you are little shy of parallel but overall I think it's good. Couldn't see if your knees were doing the same thing from the side angle though, so I would still address that!
  • baxgilter
    Options
    I really tried to push them out. What is the purpose?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I really tried to push them out. What is the purpose?

The purpose of pushing your knees out? Basically it's to protect your knees from injury....you really want to keep your knees tracking in the direction of your toes for best form. To be honest I think that's the most important thing when squatting. Don't worry if your knees go over your toes....when you are going parallel, it can happen, just make sure they are in line.