In India for a month-Seeking Meal Plan Reccommendations

Options
abhirvg
abhirvg Posts: 7 Member
Hi Friends, I was sticking to a 1200-1400 Calorie diet plan in USA (being a petite, I feel quite satiated with this amount). But I am in India for a month, out of which, three weeks have gone by without any calorie counting and weighing in. I am extremely scared with all the sweets and salty foods, and lack of balanced meals. Please suggest some way of getting back to track with some healthy food options and meal plans for the remaining week. I need your support and suggestions more than ever

Replies

• aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    for salt I would say just keep drinking water...and for the meals, stick to dals (great for proteins ) and try not to eat the gravy/curry based foods, they are loaded with extra fat. Whenever possible eat dry preparations be it vegetarian or non-vegetarian foods.
  • anubhavsharma18
    anubhavsharma18 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Avoid Paranthas and Naan, opt for Roti/Chappati
  • Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends, I was sticking to a 1200-1400 Calorie diet plan in USA (being a petite, I feel quite satiated with this amount). But I am in India for a month, out of which, three weeks have gone by without any calorie counting and weighing in. I am extremely scared with all the sweets and salty foods, and lack of balanced meals. Please suggest some way of getting back to track with some healthy food options and meal plans for the remaining week. I need your support and suggestions more than ever

Eat whatever you want to but plan a day ahead.. keep servings in watch..
  • dushyant92
    dushyant92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just start fresh. Its another day and a new diet. U cant exercise more to burn off those extra cals , so y worry. Jus start with ur healthy eating regime n will be back on track.
  • satishpendse
    satishpendse Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Early morning - team with cow milk and without sugar

Morning breakfast - 1 serving of poha / upma / idli (4-6). Try to get it made with as little oil as possible

Mid morning - fruit - 1 orange / mosambi / watermelon 1 bowl / pineapple 1 bowl / papaya 1 bowl

Lunch - 2 rotis without oil + 1 cup low oiled vegetable + 1 cup green salad + 0.5 serving rice + low oil dal + buttermilk made up of cowmilk

4 pm - tea with cow-milk n without sugar + 1 small plate kurmura chivda with very less oil

6 pm - 1 apple

dinner - almost same as lunch

In all meals: Avoid coconut and groundnut. As less oil to be used as possible.

This will mean upto 1300 calories