P90X - Help - I am doing something wrong

Options
Hello everyone,

I have just today completed phase 1 of P90X classic but my result are not even close to what other people are declaring (only 6 pounds and 2 inches in waist). I have tried my best but there is something wrong - probably my eating.

I have registered with teambeachbody.com but my coach was not very helpful. She knew only about Level 1 (usually ladies) but have more than 200 lbs and she could not even answer my questions about my eating - how much and ...

Is here anyone who can help? I have tried to pay full membership at teambeachbody.com but I was refused because I live outside of US and Canada. Thank you for any information, hint, link anything.

Replies

• KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey there.

I think that you should not be too discouraged.
    From what I have read most people get their best results during month 3.

Even after a month, your body is still adapting to your new regime.

Food intake is really important.

I don't stick the P90X eating plan, but I carefully watch my calories (been bad at logging last few days, due to my wife constantly forgetting to write down what's in things)

Remember most people say it's 80% what you eat and only 20% exercise.

You still have good results, try not to compare too much to other people, everyone's different and some people may exaggerate too.

It's a real shame you coach was not much help, but I guess that a lot of coaches are just in it for the discount and commission on sales. They're not trained remember.

Much as I like Beachbody products, as a business model they are more focussed on sales than fitness.

Keep at it, you're doing great.

I've been off my game last couple of weeks due to illness. But will be jumping back in once my cough has cleared, I'm setting myself back a week to catch up.

Cheers
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think 6 lbs and 2 inches in 1 month are good results. I only lost 2 lbs over the entire program. Just keep doing your best, give it time and it will happen.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Same here just hang in there. My first round of P90X I felt stronger when complete but I really saw a difference in my body after round 2. So it was actually 6 months for me to say to myself Damn this program works. But I was also learning how to eat right. Really worked on upping my daily protein intake, stay with calorie goals, and pushed my self harder.

My first month I did not lose weight but was losing inches. Scale really did not move for me for the first 2 months. You are doing great!!!
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Dude, Just keep at it. 6 lbs and 2 inches isn't that bad at all. Remember, you are probably gaining a bunch of muscle too. Diet is super important. Also, make sure you are drinking atleast 1 protein shake a day. Preferrably 10 -30 min after your workout. Also, your reps are important. Are you doing less weight, more reps (12-15)? or are you doing more weight & 6-8 reps? If you are just trying to lose weight and tone up, you'd want to do less weight more reps.
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2 inches in a month? That's amazing! I think you are doing great!
  • mdz79
    mdz79 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for support. I will try even harder :-)

The truth is that I am stronger (I can make more push ups and even pull ups) so I will continue. During last 4 weeks, I tried to eat around 50% of proteins and now, I am eating around 45%. I hope I will see better results any time soon :happy: