Day 1

Options
Today is the first day in this group, but day 2 of my personal work out program and I am motivated to do it! Later though.....haha

Replies

• jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is the hardest thing for me to do. I absolutely despise, deplore and hate exercise. The nearest gyms etc are 40
    miles away. I bought the book You Are Your Own Gym. It is pretty much all the same stuff we did in basic training
    back in the ' 70's. I didn't like the stuff back then. I do like physical work and outdoor activities but much that is even
    further away than the gyms. Hoping through this group I can find the mootivation to start exercising.
  • xbloomerbrigade
    xbloomerbrigade Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For me, it definitely has been about finding things I like doing that don't feel like exercise. But there are still some days, I would rather watch t.v. or nap.. Haha.
  • jennyiscool13
    jennyiscool13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love Doing Exercise. But the gym is like 10 minutes away! what if i get hungry?? haha
  • ashaewill
    Options
    I'm VERY new to the whole Living Healthy lifestyle!!! i gotta admit...I HATE WORKING OUT!!! But i know i gotta do it if i want to live! I promised myself once i lost my first 15lbs, i would get a trainer to learn how to workout. So I did! I just had my second session with her and i gotta tell ya, it wasnt that bad!!

Anyways, I'm going out of the country for a little over a week. I'm very worried about ruining my success. I found this quick travel-friendly workout. I modified it a little from the original so that it lines up with some of the things my trainer has me doing. I'm using resistance bands with my workout (especially with the arm stuff). I've started by doing 10 cards each morning, but I hope to get up to 1/2 the deck! Its excellent if you are new to working out, need a little variety, or are traveling and wont have time or access to a gym. Give it a try and see what you think!! :)

Deck of Cards Workout

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10: Repetitions

Kings: 1 minute of face card
    Queens: 1 minute bicep/tricep curls
    Jacks: 1 minute Plank

Hearts: Lunges
    Clubs: Reverse Crunches
    Diamond: Push-ups
    Spades: Crunches

Ace: 1 minute break
    Jokers: choose to repeat last exercise or take an additional 1 minute break
  • mamapoisonT
    Options
    Love the deck of cards workout! I will give it a try! Thanks!