Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

13.2 Workout

T_R_A_V
T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
Lets post times here to see how we measure up, and to help motivate each other. We all can kick *kitten* so lets do it dammit!

Replies

• kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    We did 3MR deadlifts yesterday and more deadlifts in the WOD, so today I wasn't enthused to see them again. However, I made through 4 full rounds plus the lifts in the 5th round, so 135 reps, but I only did 63#. Considering this is my first full WOD using a real box instead of a tire to jump on, I'm happy with this, because I'm still only a 3 month newbie :)

However, I watched one of the coaches do hers before I left. She did Rx and got 176 reps (5 full rounds and up to 11 of the box jumps in the 6th).

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing everyone's results :)
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    I'm feeling so discouraged after seeing it. I can't do 75lb shoulder to OH - the most I can hang clean so far as been about 50lbs. Box jump too - I can do 16" but haven't even attempted to do 20. Our box is running the WOD tonight - I'm not sure what to do now. My last 2 WOD's have been very discouraging.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    artsyalice give it a try. I know those sound like big jumps in weight and height. If you have been doing the 16" I have a feeling you can reach the 20 and you might be able to get out a couple of reps of the heavier weight. These are the times you can challenge yourself and really see how far you can go. I am even more green at this, but what you wrote about signing up for the opens was inspiring and you trying to conquer this would be as well. Use it as a bench mark for next year and go for it.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    I'm feeling so discouraged after seeing it. I can't do 75lb shoulder to OH - the most I can hang clean so far as been about 50lbs. Box jump too - I can do 16" but haven't even attempted to do 20. Our box is running the WOD tonight - I'm not sure what to do now. My last 2 WOD's have been very discouraging.

Don't be discouraged! I bet you'll be amazed at what you can do when the time comes.

Someone at my box gave me this tip for doing box jumps: Just think 'Knees up'. Just get your knees up as high as you can and you'll be able to do 20 in. After hearing that, I attempted the 24 in. box and did it with no problem! I never thought I could do it until I tried. Good luck!

By the way, I'm lame and didn't sign up for the Games this year (only have 2 months of Crossfit under my belt), and I'm totally regretting it. I might try 13.2 during open gym on Sunday.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263

I'm right there with you. My max push press is about 55lbs. and my max jerk so far is about 65lbs. If I can get through the first five reps at 75lbs., It will be a miracle!

Good luck tonight! I know I'll need all the luck I can get!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member

Step ups are allowed for the box jumps.
  • T_R_A_V
    Jump til you cant anymore, then you can step up
  • T_R_A_V
    I am soooooo stoked about this tonight....wish me luck

And all, even if you didnt sign up, give it a whack...only way to improve is to take chances
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'm definitely going to go and push myself! Good luck to all attempting it!
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    We're doing it tomorrow but I know I can't do the 75 lb OH. I can only do 40 lb max. I am up to 24" box jumps (did 5 rounds today) and PR'd my deadlift at 145 lbs this morning. For my 5th week of CrossFit, I'm quite satisfied with that! =)

I'll post my official 13.2 numbers when we're done tomorrow.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Good luck, guys!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    I am trying to refine box jumps and after some investigation I reckon if you jump up and step down, it makes it easier and also elimiates possible archilles injury.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Yes, if you have weak achilles/soleus, I'd go that route. Although I'm not doing the open, I always step down.

And remember, it's not about doing this Rx (to the newbs), it's about pushing yourself a little outside your comfort zone and know that you've tried your hardest.
  • jvv2a
    jvv2a Posts: 2 Member
    I think that with this workout, my biggest concern is how fast I need to go. There are so many girls that have the endurance and strength so I'm hoping to get a good amount of reps in.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    No worries if you don't get the Rx, the WOD wasn't that bad tbh and like I mentioned it was my first time actually doing 20" box jumps graduating from the tire (FINALLY!). I did try a few with the 75#, but I knew I would gas out in like Round 2 if I kept it.

I unfortunately (or maybe fortunately LOL) missed 13.1 - that looked like hell. Today the hardest part was the 5 push press in the later rounds....oy.

You can all kill it :) Artsyalice don't stress about anything - just give it your best and I really look forward to seeing everyone's results tomorrow. Great idea making a thread for this - it kind of gives us all a similar bonding experience lol.
  • julieofarc
    julieofarc Posts: 31 Member
    Yay for step ups! ;) Made my day to see that. One of the strong guys at my box timed his jumps vs. step ups this morning, and only lost 4 seconds for stepping. Of course, that's 40 seconds over the course of the WOD for him, but I'm thinking it'll be a faster way for me.

I could do the 75# press, but it was hard. That will definitely be my limiting factor. :( Hoping for 2-3 rounds because of that. 4 would be amazing.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Just as I suspected, I scored a zero because I could not get that 75lbs. over my head and locked out. So discouraging. I did manage to get one up there (a test run before the WOD), which was a PR for me... so at least there was a little bit of good news today.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Don't be discourged, you tried and when you rock out that weight you will know how far you have come.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member

Don't be discouraged! I bet you'll be amazed at what you can do when the time comes.

Someone at my box gave me this tip for doing box jumps: Just think 'Knees up'. Just get your knees up as high as you can and you'll be able to do 20 in. After hearing that, I attempted the 24 in. box and did it with no problem! I never thought I could do it until I tried. Good luck!

Another tip, if this doesn't work, is one I received today for box jumps: try thinking less about getting your feet up and thinking more about exploding from your hips- that upward explosion helps carry your body up.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I did manage to get one up there (a test run before the WOD), which was a PR for me

Celebrate the little victories!!
    SlowProgressIsStillProgress.jpeg
    tumblr_mgga6z6vkV1ryugvbo1_250.jpg

Vin-Diesel.jpg

edit: sorry gang, I don't know how to resize the pics, but if you "quote" my post you'll see the links where you can download them or view them better.