Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Hii, My name is Stephanie and my fiance Luke is also a member on MFP, we got engaged over Christmas break (December 27) and our date is August 23 2014. We're both trying to lose weight before the big day, and specifically trying to lose 23lbs by August 2013. I'm 24 years old, and have struggled with eating and my weight my entire life, topping at one point at 283lbs, and having been down as low as 197lbs in the past year. Over the last 4 months I've gained around 24lbs back and I would like to shed that before the one year anniversary for our wedding, August 23 2013 which is when I will start looking for my wedding dress!
  • curly_tempest
    Options
    Hi my wedding is march 15 2014.
    But I've got 88lbs to loose so I stepping up my exercise & need all the motivations I can get!
  • melindamorgan1
    Options
    Hi! My name is Melinda, I am 42 (yikes). I met my fiance 6 years ago, and have been engaged for since Valentines Day 2009. I am 5'4" and weigh 177 lbs. My goal weight for my wedding day is 140. I want to get healthy and feel great on my wedding day, and not be afraid to go dress shopping.
  • amotivated
    Options
    I got engaged in February 2012. We were planning to get married this year, but things changed and we are now getting married in 2014. I had already purchases a dress and it is a little tight so I need to work on that. Would like to loose around 45 lbs by the spring of next year :)
  • reyesdia
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Diana. My fiance and I got engaged May 2012 and are planning a spring 2014 wedding. Currently I am 5'2 and weigh 207. My goal is to drop 60 pounds before walking down the aisle.
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Caroline, we got engaged at Epcot at the end of January. We are planning a summer 2014 wedding and I would like to lose about 20 pounds. I have already lost 4 pounds since starting MFP :) I have already bought my dress and it is a little tight, oopsy!

28 years old
    5'5
    CW: 146
    GW: 130

I started eating healthier and doing the 30DS, now on day 4 of level 1.
  • cbsmith14
    cbsmith14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Beautiful Brides!
    My name is Chelsea and I'm marrying my best friend Tony on May 25th, 2014!
    I'm so happy to be his wifey I can't stand it - not to mention the fact that I'm totally stoked to throw a big *kitten* party!

That being said, I'm very nervous about losing weight before the big day.

I've struggled with my weight my entire life - yoyoing between 145-185 since adulthood.
    When I began to date my fiance I was 150 and going down... then I gained THIRTY POUNDS the first year we were together... just being fat and happy together.

I've been working very hard to lose about 25 pounds over the next year and have began to get very lazy, happy, and fat... again.

Now that I have a ring, and a date, this is serious!
    I want to be 145lbs before I walk into a dress shop- and I want to do that about a year before the date... so I have around 3 months to lose 24 pounds.
    I feel like I can do it, but I'm such a chronic overeater, stress eater, eater out of boredom... I have a tendency to eat.

So I'm back on MFP and began daily zuumba sessions on wii as of today.

Wish me luck and I wish you all a happy happy engagement time!

10311887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PrincessPeachy78
    Options
    Hello, I'm Donna. Im marrying my Mr Right on 17th April 2014 on the HMS Warrior in Portsmouth.
    I'm looking for motivational friends and support to help achieve my dream of losing some weight and toning up for my special day.
  • jjristau
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

My name is Jillian and my fiancé and I have been together for 6 years, engaged for 6 months. Our wedding date is February 15th, 2014 and so my year count down has officially begun as of a week and a half ago! My main goal is to look good in our pictures and I'm thinking my magic number is 125. Currently at 150, I have some work to do!

Good luck to everyone!
  • slarry0408
    Options
    Hi my name is Seria,

I am getting married Jan. 26, 2014. I am currently 194 and my goal is to be 150 to 160 by the time of the wedding. I am recently engaged. I already ordered my dress...a size smaller for extra motivation lol. Congrats and good luck to all of you
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Ellen.

I'm getting married Oct 4/14 and got engaged on May 8th, 2012. Long engagement, eh?!

My colours are black, white, blush and silver :) with a vintage glam sort of feel. The ceremony and reception will take place at a hotel here on the east coast of Canada.

I hope to get down to 140 pounds, currently at 179 and started at 195 (my highest EVER). Always looking for more support, so feel free to add me if you'd like some support too. Having my dress picked out is good motivation :)
  • dlangdon87
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Danielle, I'm 25 years old and marrying my high school sweetheart on August 16, 2014! I have a nice bit of it planned, but I need to lose some weight before I dare try on a dress! I'm currently 225 pounds, would like to be 160 by the wedding, but maybe I'll start trying on dressing when I weigh 199!
  • decrecm
    decrecm Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey guys, My name's Christina, I'm 24 and getting married June 2014. Tried on dresses with my mother in law and left crying. Time to lose some weight! My biggest issues are my love of chocolate and Starbucks. Could use some friends and motivators :) I'm my highest weight of 190, would like to get down to about 150.
  • Nicki2785
    Nicki2785 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! First of all, congrats to all of you!! My name is Nicki, I'm 28, and I just got engaged 3 weeks ago :) We're planning a fall 2014 wedding (no set date yet), and am trying to get in shape for not only our big day, but for the start of the rest of our life together. I'm 210 now (started at 218) and would like to get down to 150. I would love to make some new friends during this experience and would appreciate any encouragement! Thanks!
  • carom915
    carom915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Caroline. I've been engaged for like 10 days! We are getting married in May 2014. I'm currently 5'1 and 3/4 and I50lbs. I want to be a size 2-4 for the wedding. I'm hoping MFP plus Jillian Michaels will help me get there!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • BruffStuff
    BruffStuff Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been there before!! Had to find a suit for a job interview and NOTHING looked good!! I feel your pain! BUT 4 months down the line in eating less (not always better) and exercising (my housemate and I started running together) got some old clothes fitting me again which is amazing! Sometimes the progress is slow and you want to lose motivation... you will have cheat days, cheat weekends, rest days and rest weeks but get back on track and keep it up. No matter how small, a loss is still a loss, a 10 min run, you're still lapping everyone on the sofa :)
  • SammiC86
    SammiC86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Samantha. I'm 26 and have been engaged for 6 months. I'm getting married February 22, 2014. So excited :-) I'm hoping to drop at least 40 pounds. I'm doing body pump 2x/week, spin 1-2x, and turbo fire 4-5x. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!! :)

I'm Amanda, I'm 29, and I'm getting married on April 27, 2014. I just reached the one year countdown this past weekend, and it's getting exciting! :)

This is a second marriage for both myself and my fiance, so we aren't having the traditional HUGE wedding. We will have around 60 people, and are holding the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception at a local bed and breakfast. We've got a lot of the huge stuff planned already, and are only looking for a few more things to complete our day.

Any 2014 brides can feel free to add me! I have been close to maintenance (within 5-7 lbs of my goal weight) for a year now...but it's still a struggle to stay on track many days. I'm currently 5'3" and about 125lbs!
  • tepppy
    tepppy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm getting married April 5, 2014. I have lost about 23 pounds so far and still have a little over 100 to be at my goal weight for my wedding! :)
  • sem9787
    sem9787 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah. I've been engaged since September of 2012, and we are getting married the end of May 2014. I'm looking to hopefully lose a significant amount of weight, my goal is 60 pounds to start. Would love for anyone in this group to add me as a friend to keep the motivation going!