Wow... (Introductions)

So there are already a lot of people that have joined the group so far! I'm very excited :D and I would like to welcome you all. Feel free to add me or start topics about anything you think would be helpful for everyone or that would be interesting. Also, feel free to introduce yourself here so we can all learn a little about each other and each other's goals.

My name is Tonya and I am 22, I live in good old Southern California. I'm sure you can already figure out why I need to get bikini ready, I'm surrounded by beaches!! My ultimate goal weight is 125 and I have a ways to go, but I'm doing the 60 Day Insanity Challenge with crazy Shaun T so I'm hoping to see some excellent results. I love the beach so it's very important to me to finally look awesome at the beach this summer. Plus, my boyfriend who is currently in Navy boot camp is going to be losing a bunch of weight and getting into shape so I gotta keep up :D Any questions feel free to ask or even if you just want someone to talk you out of eating that box of doughnuts, lol.

Replies

• shawk2013
    shawk2013 Posts: 25 Member
    I am Shannon and I am fairly new to the MFP and trying to get healthy and ready for the summer and look good in my summer wear!

I am from Wisconsin and really looking forward to summer and green grass!! :)

I am currently in a boot camp class at our local YMCA 2 days a week and I do an hour ZUMBA class also. I do have INSANITY but have found it really hard to find time to get my workouts in at home with my 3 year old running around and my crazy lab that wants to lick the sweat off me! YUCK!

How do you find time to get your workouts in Tonya?

Thanks for the group!

Shannon
  • I am Shannon and I am fairly new to the MFP and trying to get healthy and ready for the summer and look good in my summer wear!

I am from Wisconsin and really looking forward to summer and green grass!! :)

I am currently in a boot camp class at our local YMCA 2 days a week and I do an hour ZUMBA class also. I do have INSANITY but have found it really hard to find time to get my workouts in at home with my 3 year old running around and my crazy lab that wants to lick the sweat off me! YUCK!

How do you find time to get your workouts in Tonya?

Thanks for the group!

Shannon
    Well, I have to fit them in around work and school. My school days are easy I have a big gap between classes so I do it then, but work is all over the place so I just make it happen one way or another, lol. Month one is only 45 minutes of my life so it's not too bad. Sometimes I have to wake up extra early to get it in, but I know it will be worth it in the end.
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    My name is Cassy, I'm 26 and I live in Melbourne Australia!
    We've just finished our summer, but it's never too late to start getting ready for the next one!

I've been using MFP for a while, but I really fell off the wagon last year, so I'm trying to get back into it. I did have a wedding and honeymoon follwed by Christmas and a Christmas holiday, so you can see how it happened!

I'm currently doing the C25K (Ease into 5km) program with my husband, and I dance twice a week - one night ballaet and another jazz, both for an hour each. And every other weekend I do yoga with a girl friend.

I've set some goals and rewards for my weight loss and achievements, and one of them is to buy some weights, so once I hit that goal I'm hoping to incorporate some weight training into my excerises.

My biggest challenge is keeping my eating habits in line, and getting in exercise on the weekends! I'm really looking forward to the support and motivation I'll get from this group. :)
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Hey Tonya, what part of SO CAL are you in? I live in Pine Valley (East County San Diego) and work in El Cajon, CA (Not so far east County San Diego)

Hi All, My name is Jessica, I'm 30 and I have been actively loosing weight since last May. To date I have lost 57.6 pounds. I want to be down to the top of healthy weight range at the start of summer that puts me at 145, so between now and June 21st I would like to lose 18.6 pounds. My ultimate goal is 130 pounds that I would like to meet before the end of this year.

I go to the gym 5x a week and do 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes strength training. I stick close to 1200 calories a day, typically only go over on weekends.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and to looking fabulous this summer!!
  • Hey Tonya, what part of SO CAL are you in? I live in Pine Valley (East County San Diego) and work in El Cajon, CA (Not so far east County San Diego)

Hi All, My name is Jessica, I'm 30 and I have been actively loosing weight since last May. To date I have lost 57.6 pounds. I want to be down to the top of healthy weight range at the start of summer that puts me at 145, so between now and June 21st I would like to lose 18.6 pounds. My ultimate goal is 130 pounds that I would like to meet before the end of this year.

I go to the gym 5x a week and do 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes strength training. I stick close to 1200 calories a day, typically only go over on weekends.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and to looking fabulous this summer!!
    I'm currently staying in Riverside with my mom while my boyfriend is in boot camp and if all goes the way we hope he'll get stationed in San Diego and I'll be there :) I visit San Diego a lot though, number one because I love it and two my boyfriends mom lives up there.
  • gina145
    gina145 Posts: 148 Member
    Hi I am Gina. I am living in Florida and summer is just around the corner..I hope:). We have beautiful beaches here, planning a trip to Disney in May (heated pool), and we have a pool. I want to at least wear a Tankini this year. I just completed a 5K this month, started lite wt training, and trying to take of the same old 15 pounds for a year now! I am so ready. I love this site I get motivated by others success and like a challenge too.
  • mvaughnrn
    mvaughnrn Posts: 19 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Melissa and I reside on the outskirts of Memphis, TN! I am a RN and work weekend nights, so I can be home during the week with my 3 girls (4 when my step-daughter is here!) We are hoping to take the girls on a cruise either late this summer or during their fall break! It would be so nice to just be comfortable in a bathing suit so I can hang out with my family!!
  • Hi everyone! I'm Melissa and I reside on the outskirts of Memphis, TN! I am a RN and work weekend nights, so I can be home during the week with my 3 girls (4 when my step-daughter is here!) We are hoping to take the girls on a cruise either late this summer or during their fall break! It would be so nice to just be comfortable in a bathing suit so I can hang out with my family!!
    Oooo a cruise, I'm super jealous.
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Hello all. I am Cassondra. I am 23 and currently living with my husband who is stationed in Yuma, AZ. I started with a goal to lose about 25 pounds, and I have lost 13 so far. I'm hoping to get that last 12 off in the next couple of months! :)
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Hi everyone!!

My names Sam and i live in Alberta Canada. I cannot wait until spring I'm getting sick of having to shovel snow every day (it is a good workout though!) Here's a little bit about me; I just graduated from university and am taking a little bit of time off before getting my law degree, I am a former triathlete, I gave up racing when my school load increased but i didn't decrease the calories i was eating they just changed to convenient foods instead and my weight skyrocketed. I may eventually get back into racing but for now its definitely out lol. (if anyone has any questions in regards to running swimming or biking feel free to ask I'll try to give the best advice i can!

I'm currently trying to lost about forty-five pounds and I'm doing insanity, zumba, and taking up running again slowly (I have a five k (3mile) fun run in June that I'm looking forward too.

Wellll, thats me, thanks for the invite to the group and good luck to everyone!
  • lokecheer
    lokecheer Posts: 43 Member
    Hello!
    My name is Loke, I am 20 and I am currently a student at Colgate University in NY, however I miss my hometown in HI. I have found out about MFP through my roommate two years ago, but have been off and on with it along with my yo-yo dieting.

This time I am really hoping to lose this weight, and for GOOD. My goal weight is 122, and so far I have lost 7 pounds from being 153, the heaviest I have ever been.

I think what I have been missing is that social support that is beneficial to weight loss.

Thank you for making this group! :D
  • Hello!
    My name is Loke, I am 20 and I am currently a student at Colgate University in NY, however I miss my hometown in HI. I have found out about MFP through my roommate two years ago, but have been off and on with it along with my yo-yo dieting.

This time I am really hoping to lose this weight, and for GOOD. My goal weight is 122, and so far I have lost 7 pounds from being 153, the heaviest I have ever been.

I think what I have been missing is that social support that is beneficial to weight loss.

Thank you for making this group! :D
    Welcome and we are definitely here for support :D Everything about losing weight is easier when you have like minded people to talk to.