Wings & Backfat

Options
After perusing the various dress styles out there, many that I gravitate towards are strapless or are a backless number. Those require some extra upper body work. Push ups and planks just aren't cuttin' it-just defining shoulders and biceps and I'm not sure if I can handle any more chair dips....Any recommendations on more exercises to reduce the flabby underarms & backfat? Esp. those that might not require going to a gym. Thanks folks!

Replies

• ssime1980
    ssime1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What about some exercise DVDs that specifically have upper body sections? I have a Davina one that has a chapter all about upper body, all you would need is some weights, the heavier you use, the more results you will see?!! Im also needing some seriously upper body results!! Good luck!! xx
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I HATE chair dips!

Have you tried tricep pushups? My trainer has said they're 25% more effective at toning that muscle than any other tricep exercise. Google for form but it is slightly different from regular pushups.

Rows are good for the back, whether standing bent over or kneeling on something. Deadlifts are good for the back.

Regular bicep curls are good, and there are tons of variations to those. Flys (forward and side) are good. Chest presses are good, and can be done on the floor, just with weights.

Punching is good. Overhead presses are good. Try holding weights while doing other exercises (squats, lunges, etc) - that will help.

Hope that gives some ideas! I'm working on these areas too!
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I heard cardio is the secret to getting rid of batwings (which makes sense since i HATE cardio.) Strength training tones and builds muscle but unless you uncover that muscle by getting fid of the fat deposits... well you're right where you started..
  • dumbpink
    dumbpink Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What about some exercise DVDs that specifically have upper body sections? I have a Davina one that has a chapter all about upper body, all you would need is some weights, the heavier you use, the more results you will see?!! Im also needing some seriously upper body results!! Good luck!! xx

LOVE Davina's DVDs! :) Her new one (ultimate target) has a great workout (think its called brilliant bootcamp) which seems to really help with my upper arms, especially with a small set of dumbbells.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just had a quick look on YouTube and found a few...