ladies, get paid 60$ an hour to...

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2172650/How-woman-making-living-snuggling--60-hour-pay-hug-stranger.html

It used to be that a hug was a comforting gesture of companionship between friends or lovers but one woman in Penfield, NY has turned cuddling into a business.
Jacqueline Samuel, 29, opened The Snuggery last month, a place where, from upwards of $60, clients can snuggle with the petite Master's student in a strictly non-sexual context.
Sessions of up to 90 minutes take place in a private room while friends and family members mill around the house offering protection from any over-enthusiastic clients.

For customers interested in Jackie's services, most of whom are men, she admits, a series of FAQs provides information about what clothing to wear and what kind of behaviour is appropriate.
Sexual arousal, reads the website, 'is perfectly normal and should not make anyone feel uncomfortable,' but acting on those impulses is forbidden.

'This is not about sex, and I'm really straightforward about that,' she insisted during an interview with 13WHAM, adding with a child-like lisp: 'I always liked to snuggle, it seemed pretty simple to me.'
But the premise behind the unusual idea is perhaps best explained by Ms Samuel's study of cognitive science and social work at the University of Rochester.
An advocate of the notion that 'touch' is a healing activity of which most Americans are deprived, Ms Samuel believes that just a few minutes of cuddling can relieve stress and aggravation for up to five days.
'Research provides us with ample evidence that physical contact with others has a positive effect on our physical and mental health,' she writes on her website TheSnuggery.org.
Yet, she continues, 'we're afraid of touch.'
After exhaustively searching for a way to become a certified cuddler, Ms Samuel decided to just get started.
Snuggling sessions are one-on-one and clients are advised to change into comfortable 'loose fitting' clothes preferably made of 'natural fibers.'
'I always start out spooning and I am pretty small, so usually I'm the little spoon'
Of the types of embraces available, Ms Samuel told U.S. Metro that she has read the book, Cuddle Sutra, and would be happy to do any of the 100 variations of snuggle positions.
'It tends to be pretty improvisational,' she noted. 'There are different kinds of cuddling positions, but I typically always start out spooning and I am pretty small, so usually I'm the little spoon.'
Promoting her service with pictures of herself in alluring poses wearing pyjamas and pretty cotton dresses, the cozy cuddler is not yet drawing enough clients however to give up her real estate day job.
'It's cuddling. Either you want it or you don't,' she reasoned.

Official site from article
http://www.thesnuggery.org/index.html

Well, ladies, would you? I wouldn't have a need for such a service.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I would totally get paid to cuddle. My desire for money outweighs my anxiety toward touching strangers.

I would never pay for cuddles though. XD
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    I don't know.. an hour with a sweaty person with BO/bad breath etc.? $60 isn't enough..
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I don't know.. an hour with a sweaty person with BO/bad breath etc.? $60 isn't enough..

When men pay money to be with a woman, it is because they do not want to have to snuggle. Or so I thought. I've never nailed a prostitute - at least not knowingly and with a tab running.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Seems too much hassle for £60 an hour
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I totally would. In the exact way described. Plus I love to hug and cuddle :bigsmile:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    No. Just no. Not because I think it's wrong, but because I'm thinking about the BO, the clingy guys, the momma's boys, and every other bad situation that would come about....No. Not for me.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I can actually see why this would be popular.

I've never snuggled with anyone human, but today when I was snuggling with my cat (bless her heart, she knows when you're sick and need a cuddle) I realized that I would love to snuggle with a real man! I bet it would be awesome.

But I wouldn't work there.

I touch my patients all the time - grab their hand, run their back. The power of human touch shouldn't be understated.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    No way i'd pay for it.

Not that i'm not a big fan of hugging, but for me it has to mean something, either comfort, greeting or affection with a friend or family. Can't beat a hug with the person who you have feelings for, but with a random stranger would mean nothing especially if you knew they were only doing it because they were being paid.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Can't beat a hug with the person who you have feelings for, but with a random stranger would mean nothing especially if you knew they were only doing it because they were being paid.

Yeah, this! I think payment would take the love out of it. And I really wouldnt want to hug random douches........lol
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    While I would not pay to snuggle...I really understand the power of touch and kindness.
    I know what I miss the most about being single besides sex lol is all of the affection that just happens from a hand on my back or arm or hugs I love hugs. I think I probably start hugging my patients more when I've been dateless for months and months...lol
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I can actually see why this would be popular.

I've never snuggled with anyone human, but today when I was snuggling with my cat (bless her heart, she knows when you're sick and need a cuddle) I realized that I would love to snuggle with a real man! I bet it would be awesome.

But I wouldn't work there.

I touch my patients all the time - grab their hand, run their back. The power of human touch shouldn't be understated.

Totally read patients as "panties" at first.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Totally read patients as "panties" at first.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Eleanor Rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name
    Nobody came
    Father Mckenzie wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave
    No one was saved

All the lonely people (ah, look at all the lonely people)
    Where do they all come from?
    All the lonely people (ah, look at all the lonely people)
    Where do they all belong?

--P
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would never pay for it. But I would absolutely offer my services for the money, sure!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wth? lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dont. touch. me.