Vegan pancakes

ls_66
ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
there are tons or recipes all over the net but I'm looking for some that are proven... tired to try something new and not tasting good

Replies

• veganlisa
    veganlisa Posts: 50 Member
    Hi! I haven't tried any of these, -I'm more of a waffle girl! :)
    but anything by Isa Chandra Moskowitz is golden in my book!
    There's a few different ones on this page of breakfast recipes on her blog:
    http://www.theppk.com/category/recipe/breakfast/

She has several very popular vegan cookbooks.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    great web site... the Puffy Pillow Pancakes look really good might give it a try tomorrow !!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    ive tried a ridiculous number of recipes...and I know ppk is very well respected but I will never follow a pancake recipe with flax seeds ever again. you might get lucky with a few decent batches, but IMHO they always eventually lead to problems and they are not even necessary (and they are better off un-heated.)

i have had tremendous success feeding my pancake-obsessed man food.com 5 minute vegan pancakes
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    There was a recipe on Mark's Daily Apple I used to like. Just needed almond butter, bananas, and an egg. I wonder if it'd work without the egg, since bananas can be used to replace eggs in recipes anyway.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    You know, pancakes of any sort are actually really difficult to make well and consistently. Cooking fat, pan surface, cooking temperature are all decisive.

I prefer recipes that are minimal in ingredients, contain a little oil, and produce a batter that is runny (and not thick). Skip the flax, use Egg Replacer or baking powder instead.
  • kkoltcz
    kkoltcz Posts: 30
    I like peta's pancake recipe if I add vanilla and yesterday we tried http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/02/lemon-blueberry-quinoa-pancakes/ and they were really good . I of course replaced the egg requirement with egg replacement powder mixed appropriately and greek yogurt with (I was going to use coconut milk yogurt but we were out) vegetable oil.