Add ons?

Options
Dancerten
Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
Does anyone else add on a few more exercises at the end of their workout? I just started SL, so I'm still lifting light and my workouts are only lasting about 30 min, so I've been adding push ups, calf raises, lat pull downs, etc. (I usually just add 2 exercises) to the end of my routine. I'm coming off the NROLFW program, so only lifting for 30 min just feels weird to me lol. I'm sure once I get used to SL and I get up to the heavier weights I'll leave them out; but is there any reason I shouldn't be doing them now? I'm not going to screw anything up am I?

Thanks!

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's just really not necessary since these compound exercises hit everything but with that being said I totally get where you are coming from! I used to add on weighted glute bridges to Workout A just because they are my absolute favorite exercise! As you get into heavier weights though and the program really becomes challenging you will find that you don't have much energy for more strength training! If it feels good now, I don't see a problem with continuing, but you might find you have to drop them after a bit :smile:
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's just really not necessary since these compound exercises hit everything but with that being said I totally get where you are coming from! I used to add on weighted glute bridges to Workout A just because they are my absolute favorite exercise! As you get into heavier weights though and the program really becomes challenging you will find that you don't have much energy for more strength training! If it feels good now, I don't see a problem with continuing, but you might find you have to drop them after a bit :smile:

Awesome, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure... Thanks!