Food shows on TV

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
Do you watch food shows on TV? Have you got a favorite?

Personally, I can't stand that there's a show called "Skinny Girl," for what I hope are obvious reasons. And the flip side of that coin is anything Paula Deen. Ugh!

Then tonight I stumbled upon a new show: "Stuffed: Food Hoarders." I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

But I love-love-love Bobby Flay and Alex Guarnaschelli. And I had one of the best meals of my life at Tom Collichio's restaurant Craft Bar in NYC.

Replies

• j_masher
    j_masher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network. I also like to catch episodes of Cake Boss.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    LoveGuy!!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I love Paula Dean. And Sandra on Semi-homemade. and Rachel Ray and Chopped.

I like to watch the shows and then figure out how to make the recipes work for a healthier lifestyle. Paula Dean's son has the show where he shows how he takes Paula's dish and makes it work for his healthier lifestyle.

Lately I have watched a lot of Property Brothers and Love it or List it on HGTV if the food channel starts to make me crave anything!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and when I first moved here, I practically overdosed on food programs. Now I might occasionally get into a series, or watch a random episode of something off of Food Network, often a U.S. show. I used to watch a lot of Jamie Oliver, Barefoot Contessa and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall with his River Cottage series, plus others.

Now I've managed to get caught up in a show by two cooks called the Hairy Bikers. They are doing a series called Every Day Gourmet which is interesting. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qh8hg Lots of food things that are quite cheap to buy the ingredients but come out looking spectacular and with great taste when you take a bit of extra time with it.

Other than that though, it's just when I'm bored. I find them all a bit the same after a while, even if the first few episodes are really clever and innovative. So I tend to watch lots of different shows, but only a handful of episodes.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like the new one with Paula Deen's son called 'Not My Mama's Meals'. I also like Paula Deen LOL. Must be a southern thing. I also just started watching The Pioneer Woman (made her smashed potatoes last night) and I watch Trisha Yearwood.
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like Rachael Ray, cause her meals are easy... and usually reasonably healthy. I like Giada Delaurentis, but her stuff is more fussy. I like Jamie Oliver because he is just so damn cute. I used to like to watch Martha Stewart just to laugh at how elaborate things would get.... (like she has to go out to the yard in her beekeeper gear to tend the hives to get the honey... yeah right...lmao)

My 9 yr old daughter has been home sick for a few days and was watching Paula Deen and The Barefoot Contessa. Even a nine year old was like 'wow they're using a TON of butter, that can't be healthy...' She makes me laugh.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not about a food show, really, but my daughter and I snicker every time we walk through a Target produce section. In the "packaged-ready-to-nuke-or-boil-in-bag" area there is a Paula Deen branded product, Green Beans with Butter & Bacon Sauce. We laugh and say that for Paula Deen, just butter fat or just bacon fat wouldn't be good enough. She needs BOTH!

greenbeans.jpg
    greenbeans_nut.jpg

... but, mmmmm... bacon!
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Chopped, Eat Streets and You've Gotta Eat Here which is Canadian. Yay.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I like to watch cooking shows, but I found they make me want to eat, even if I'm not hungry. For that reason I try to avoid them, lol.