New to My Fitness Pal

Options
My name is Sophia and I am new to My Fitness Pal. I am 26 years old from Brooklyn, NY. I'm 5'6, weight 164 pounds and would like to be about 150 pounds. I am a little out of shape and want to seriously get into strength training. I would like a well-defined body including a very strong core. My fat is mostly in my stomach. I really don't want to lose my butt, just gain muscle while building a nice booty! I don't want to look too muscular, I want to keep a little thickness to me. I would love some tips and I will definitely share some as well. Let's help each other reach our goals!

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Read Starting Strength and the Stronglifts e-book from Stronglifts.com
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    There is a book called New Rules of Lifting Supercharged that provides full body workouts designed for strength, power, endurance and flexibility. I've been doing it for 2 months and have lost 15 pounds, my core is much stronger. I receive comments about looking a lot leaner in the stomach. My balance is much better and i see a lot of improvement in my shoulders, and legs too.
  • scottdeeby
    scottdeeby Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength is a great book for learning the key lifts that you should build your strength program around.

If you only did one exercise, and you want your fabulous booty to pop and your core to be strong: deadlifts. They are easy to learn and you don't need much equipment
  • BonitaAppleBon
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • BonitaAppleBon
    Options
    Read Starting Strength and the Stronglifts e-book from Stronglifts.com

I'm going to start reading the e-book today. Thank you!
  • BonitaAppleBon
    Options
    There is a book called New Rules of Lifting Supercharged that provides full body workouts designed for strength, power, endurance and flexibility. I've been doing it for 2 months and have lost 15 pounds, my core is much stronger. I receive comments about looking a lot leaner in the stomach. My balance is much better and i see a lot of improvement in my shoulders, and legs too.

Im ordering both the NROL Supercharged and the NROL for Women. I read the reviews for both books and it seems like they're good. Thank you!