Anyone in the Kokomo area?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to the Kokomo area and have only found one decent park to walk/jog at. If anyone know of any others, that would be great! I work in Peru, so I'm open to any park/trails in Miami, Howard, or even Tipton counties. Thanks!!

Replies

• charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I live in Russiavile (outside) so I walk around town...
  • brookeenyart
    brookeenyart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jackson Morrow park is a wonderful place to walk. They have a paved track that, I believe, is exactly a mile around. They usually keep it shoveled in the wintertime. Not knowing where you are coming from, and because I navigate by restaurant in Kokomo, you can get to it by turning on the road that runs between Culver's and Half Moon on 31, going south. The road loops back to the park. Hope you enjoy!
  • Natalie423
    Options
    I actually was driving by that park every day to and from work, and never realized it was a park until I paid attention a week ago. Now I've been there a few times and I really enjoy it because I know its exactly a mile long and because it stays pretty busy so my paranoid self doesn't have to worry about getting mugged :) Thanks!!
  • BBum69
    BBum69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You might consider the Nickel Plate Trail also. There are markers every 1/2 mile, and also at the 5k and 10K points from the Peru trail head going south.
  • cbm413
    cbm413 Posts: 36
    Options
    Tipton has a beautiful park (off Main Street near the high school and hospital) that has a paved walking trail.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Tipton has a beautiful park (off Main Street near the high school and hospital) that has a paved walking trail.

Tipton is actually pretty close for me... How long is the trail? Is it a good trail for running also? bikes?
  • cbm413
    cbm413 Posts: 36
    Options
    It's a bike/walking path, but I've seen runners/joggers there too. The part I know is the circular path that circles the entire park, maybe a half mile? (I'm terrible at judging distance.) I believe there's a different part of the trail that extends by the creek through the woods, but I'm not familiar with that part of it.