Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Winter :(

atjays
atjays Posts: 797 Member
Midwest winters really stink. Fleeting days of 40+ weather with clear roads but mostly mired by 10 degree weather with ice on the roads. I'm in massive need of a track day fix, going fast and hanging it all out there!!

How does everyone else cope with not being able to reasonably ride during the winter months?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Same issues here in the PNW. Supposed to be sunny here on New Year's Day. About 32 degrees. Planning on going on the "Polar Bear Run" that day.
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    East Tennessee is also locked into the 30's with lots of rain and a bit of snow, so the bike is pretty much staying on the tender.

But I did put fresh rubber on it, and did some cleaning and maintenance, so I'm ready should we get a break in the weather.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    First dry day in a while here in the Pacific Northwest. It was 34 degrees this morning, but I still rode in to work.

Weather looks to be dry over the next few days. In the high 20's and low 30's. Going to get out on the road. Polar Bear Run on New Year's day.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    I'm lucky that my Bike is in a heated garage for the winter! Everyday I get to see it and when I'm really missing it, I get on and start it up and close my eyes thinkin of that open road.....oh that's pure heaven, my friend!! :happy:
  • atjays
    I do the occasional polar bear run myself. Just too much sand on the roads right now after our first major snow, it's just dangerous. Started her up and listened to her purr today while the snow was falling. Trying to talk my buddy into travelling south for a track day, we'll see if he budges :D
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    I'm in Western NC. I just keep good winter gear on hand and ride. I've been know to ride well into the teens and single digits. I also ride in questionable weather. Ridden home from work in the snow a few times, simple because I gambled on a questionable weather forecast.

JM
  • dsl01
    Still bad weather but I did get the bikes out and let 'em run some.
    Supposed to have 40's maybe 50 degrees with no rain this weekend. Will certainly get out and ride somewhere!
  • atjays
    Still bad weather but I did get the bikes out and let 'em run some.
    Supposed to have 40's maybe 50 degrees with no rain this weekend. Will certainly get out and ride somewhere!

Same weather predicted here with sunny skies, I can't wait!
  • you move to Florida. We ride all year. sometimes it is a little chilly, we can even break out the leather gear etc... but we can still ride!:glasses:
  • starryk
    starryk Posts: 53
    I want to move!! :happy:
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    I want to move!! :happy:

Hey Starryk. I'm with you, let's go! :wink: :laugh: :glasses:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    The cold is annoying enough. Now there is gobs of salt and sand all over the roads. I need a dual sport.

JM
  • dsl01
    58 degrees and sunshine Saturday.

Bike Day!

:glasses: :glasses:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Oh man, enjoy it!

We've had a very mild stretch here. In Denver you usually get a lot of days where you can ride through the winter. Tuesday I rode my 2000 to the shop -- getting new pipes put on it! But it's going to be snowy here this weekend.

Elaine in CO
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I'm jealous!

It's only 19F here in central NY, and we're expecting 10-14" of snow tomorow. :grumble:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I'm jealous!

It's only 19F here in central NY, and we're expecting 10-14" of snow tomorow. :grumble:

Ok - I wrote the last post and it was early February.

But NOW, it's March 17 and we're expecting 8-12" of $(&^#$ SNOW tomorrow! :angry: :grumble:
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    It's everywhere. We have had a few days here and there, but still way below normal. We had 75 on Saturday and was awesome but......it like being tickled gas came down to 3.70 instead of 3.90. We should be well into Spring here in the Carolina but ......NOT! I am tired of riding looking and feeling like Ralphie's little brother. :)
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    I rode Sat because it was 80 degrees! Never fear though..it's supposd to snow later this week. Welcome to Arkansas! lol
  • dsl01
    I rode Sat because it was 80 degrees! Never fear though..it's supposd to snow later this week. Welcome to Arkansas! lol

Yeah, me too .
    I got a family thing to attend in Ga., so with weather and temps looking ok, I planned to go by bike. Yesterday, in 75 degree sunshine, I got it prepped to leave next Thursday afternoon, and return home Sunday. Weather forecast is now going bad on me.:angry:
    Depending on how bad, I may have to bag that plan.
    &**&%!!
    Guess, I'll decide Thursday morning.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    80 degrees, woo-hoo! I rode on Friday and yesterday. Friday was far nicer. Yesterday was windy UGH.