Hit a plateau

Options
So I'm 10 weeks post partum and was doing great with the weight loss but no loss this week. :(

I am on 1200 to lose 2 pounds a week but also ebf so I add on the 500 extra calories at breakfast time. I have a Fitbit too so it adjusts my calories too. I have been doing a bit more walking this week so thought it'd shift the pounds more.

Can anyone tell me what my net calories should be at the end of the day? I am not eating my exercise calories back or all my breastfeeding calories. Could that be the reason why I didn't lose this week?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Replies

• chelleangel78
    Options
    It sounds like you may be doing less calories than you should be. Your body will go into starvation mode (earlier since your breast feeding) and keep the weight on.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree that you should be eating more. I upped my calories this past week and I lost quite a bit more than I had been. Your burning a lot more calories breastfeeding. I also found the increased calories helped my milk production.

Eat more : )
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put in another vote for eating more.

Can't say what your calorie goals should be without knowing your stats (and us breastfeeding moms all seem to lose at different rates anyway).

For a little perspective, I'm eating 2000-2100 per day. Lost the weight, making lots of milk.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to get into the whole net calorie thing b/c it is confusing to me and the suggested advice from ppl never seems to work for me.

I hit a plateau around 8 weeks and finally this week (11 wks PP) I lost 2 lbs! I started jogging last week (something I haven't done in 2 years) and that really seems to have helped. So, my advice is to watch your diet and challenge your body by either do something new or upping the intensity.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I would also vote for eating more. Maybe try setting your goals to lose 1/2 or 1 lb per week and include bf calories. You could be burning more thatn 500 as well bf, which could be part of the problem. Is your milk supply OK with eating 1700 calories?

I have mine currently set to maintenance, taking into account 500 for bf, which I produce 40-45 a day so that would be more like 800 calories. I am also more mildly active, and it is set on sedentary. But I can't lose any weight. It seems whether I eat 2000 or 2500 consisently for a week, my weight doesn't change. Sorry for the rambling, good luck. Just try different things to see what works for you.