ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!! Of the snacks that is! 3/18

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/top-ten-100-calorie-snacks/?e=jElaVqLz

Now that we are starting our work week off let's think how we can stay on track! Well, this is one way to have healthy and snacks that are ready!
Snacks help us from tearing down the kitchen or the vending machine like a pterodactyl ripping bags and cartons to shreds!
Snacks keep are blood sugar up so we can POWER thru the day!
I am a dip girl so I love the dip and goat cheese dip ideas with veggies! Gotta try those!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Yay! Snacks!

I'm not sure that these are fewer that 100 calories--I'm sure some are not--but here are a few of my faves:

apple with almond or peanut butter
    carrots or bell peppers with hummus
    celery with almond or peanut butter, hummus, or cottage cheese
    light mozzarella cheese stick or laughing cow wedges with fruit
    light mozzarella cheese stick or laughing cow wedges with nuts
    fruit and nuts

I always seem to think of the same combos when I think of snacks/mini-meals, so I am eager to hear new ideas.

What are your favorite snacks, guys? :smile:
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries in the summer.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Carrots. If they were any thinner I would inject them directly into my bloodstream.
  • lillie22
    lillie22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit ridiculous, but i love keeping frozen pees in my freezer. Its a great alternative if you just feel like munching on SOMETHING! Im a snacker/grazer so this has been a life saver for me :)
  • diva_kate
    diva_kate Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cuties, pistachios, air popped popcorn, or organic Clif Z bars do the trick for me.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Almonds, jicima (so sweet and crunchy with so little calories and no carbs), frozen berries, baby carrots, cheese sticks, slices of ham or roast beef, baked parmensan, snow peas, mini bell peppers (raw), zucinni sticks, celery, lots of veggies are snacks.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, some almonds, a piece of cheese (not all at the same time) it all depends on what the taste buds need to keep calm and in control
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Yay! Snacks!

I'm not sure that these are fewer that 100 calories--I'm sure some are not--but here are a few of my faves:

fruit and nuts

I think it has to do with portion size to keep it 100 calorie but even 150 cal would not be bad.

I always seem to think of the same combos when I think of snacks/mini-meals, so I am eager to hear new ideas.

What are your favorite snacks, guys? :smile:
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    You guys should try the mushroom with sauce and mozarella cheese! I have done that before and mmmmm good!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Rice cake with peanutbutter, cottage cheese with strawberrys, blueberries..
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    This may sound a bit ridiculous, but i love keeping frozen pees in my freezer. Its a great alternative if you just feel like munching on SOMETHING! Im a snacker/grazer so this has been a life saver for me :)

Frozen peas?!?!?!? I have to ponder that some more!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Yay! Snacks!

fruit and nuts

I think it has to do with portion size to keep it 100 calorie but even 150 cal would not be bad.
  • raedayeveryday
    raedayeveryday Posts: 7 Member
    Options

interesting.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I if I could passed the work that is entailed I know i would do better with snacking healthy.
  • lillie22
    Options
    Give em' a try! you'll be surprised! I like to have a bowl of em if im watching a movie, then i dont have to worry about overeating popcorn :) lol
  • lillie22
    Options

interesting.