Doing insanity and weight training at the same time

Options
zorreena
zorreena Posts: 267 Member
I was wondering if anyone here did any other exercises while doing insanity. I'm doing insanity and would like to lift weights twice a week. I don't want to injure myself though. Interested to hear what others think. Should I just stick to the insanity program and start the lifting after or is it safe to do both?

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You can do both if you want. I'm thinking of adding 20-30mins 3xs/wk of something. I don't even really get outside the house so I feel like I need to do more exercise where I'm at.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am actually about to start doing the same thing. I've heard varying opinions. Some say absolutely not while others say it wouldn't hurt. I think it just depends on your body and if it can handle all of the exercise. I completed Insanity last year with doing nothing but that, and if I didn't learn anything else--I learned that when my body isn't in it 200% to give it a go but scale back a bit. I think listening to your body and giving it proper time to recover will help.
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    if you can still manage to do another program.. y not..:wink: i am doing insanity at the same time doing 30 days shred plus some weight lifting only once or twice a week whatever i feel doing..im on my normal weight alread but still need to work my belly pooch and maybe doing those exercises ill meet my bf goal..
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just an update: I was fine with the stronglifts program working with insanity for about 3 weeks. Once the weight got heavy I dropped out of insanity. I was exhausted and run down. Since stopping insanity I've lost more weight and more inches so the gamble paid off. At the moment I'm doing almost no cardio but I plan to try to incorporate more into my fitness regime in the spring.
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do insanity before work in the morning, weight lift 20-30 minutes during lunch and do cardio 3-4 days a week. I have been doing all three for about a month now and so far it's been great. I just hope that I dont get burned out... so far, so good! I am really focusing on my butt and legs and the results have been amazing! Squats really are a girls best friend!!