Season 3 - Episode 14 - "Prey" 03/17/13

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 03/17/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-314-the-walking-dead-prey

YouTube Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FbLnwOgU9Gk

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If nothing else, this episode showed why it's important to keep up with your cardio workouts, people! :laugh: I have serious respect for Andrea's cardiovascular conditioning.

Milton = World's Worst Liar. I think he's toast. The governor is probably going to kill him at some point.

Putting aside the fact Andrea had so many opportunities to kill the Governor, I thought the way she handled herself after she left Woodbury wasn't too smart. She should have disabled his trucks. Cut the tires, do something to the truck while he's stuck inside the prison. THAT was an intense episode...nail biting episode ...what was up with the Governor whistling anyway?

Wonder if she's just going to be held there or if he plans to torture her along with Michonne who he thinks Rick will turn over.
    The Governor is one very sick man. I'm sure Andrea realizes it now. Please let Milton see her there and help her escape.
    I really don't want to see Andrea tortured.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    The battle between Woodbury and the prison is going to be EPIC!!! I think some of the regular characters are not going to make it. I don't think Herschel or Milton will make it out alive. I don't think Carol or Merle will either. I think there will be a lot of casualties on Woodbury's side also including the Governor. I hope Michonne is the one that gives that honor.

I was surprised at how quickly I went from hating Andrea for acting like such a dumb female to being back on her side and hoping she makes it out ok. I agree that she wasn't the smartest about some choices as she was fleeing but damn she was running her *kitten* off!!! She should have taken the truck from the Governor when she left him for dead at that warehouse. I can't decide if it was stupid of her to assume that the walkers would finish the Governor off. I only saw a short part of Laurie Holden's interview on The Talking Dead but she seemed very defensive of Andrea's actions.

I'm glad that Tyreese and his sister took Andrea's warning into account. I think that they can see how some of the actions of Woodbury are pretty shady. Allen and Ben are just crazy enough to fit in with all of the Governor's twisted henchmen that just do as they are told. I was kind of confused about the conversation between Tyreese and Allen. I"m not sure if anyone else picked up on what was going on. From what I gathered Tyreese saved Allen's wife and that made Allen feel insecure and like less of a man because he felt like he couldn't protect her. Is that right??

When the Governor was laying out all of his torture tools and he pulled out the speculum both my mom and I gasped and my brother asked...why is that so bad??? LOL Only females will understand why.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I asked my husband if he knew what a speculum was and he gave me blank look. Men don't know what ob/gyns use. I'm sure they don't want to know! They prefer if those visits remain a mystery to them. :laugh:

I think you had the same impression of the backstory between Tyrese and Allen. Sounded like Tyrese helped save Donna (Allen's wife) and for whatever reason, Allen didn't in that situation. Maybe he froze. Anyway, Allen apparently felt emasculated and didn't like it. I know...it's a ZA..who cares who saves your wife's life. Let bygones be bygones. I think Tyrese's size and apparent leadership in their little group doesn't sit well with Allen.

Poor Andrea..please don't let her be tortured. I won't watch if they go in that direction. I could watch what happened to Maggie and Glenn at Woodbury because it seemed integral to the story, but torturing Andrea isn't necessary. It's not like she blabbed anything to the Prison people or anyone else. What info could the Guv get out of her? He is one sadistic man. Makes me think he's done this before..the creepy way he laid out all the tools and medical stuff to prolong life while under torture. :noway:
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    When the Governor was laying out all of his torture tools and he pulled out the speculum both my mom and I gasped and my brother asked...why is that so bad??? LOL Only females will understand why.

I noticed they never mentioned it in Talking Dead when they were listing off all the torture devices. :laugh:

Omg, can't wait for next week!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    this weeks episode blew last weeks (I was bored) out of the water and then some. literally on the edge of my seat, biting my nails the entire time. I don't think Andrea will make it past this season. I noticed in the Talking Dead, she referred to the actress who portrays her, referred to her in the past tense. That said - I to went from loathing Andrea to almost rooting for her.

I'm betting Milton will die as well. The Gov knows it was him who torched those zombies; if he (Milton) was smart, he'd try to get the hell out of dodge asap though I don't think he'd make it long on the outside.

Booksandbeaches: I laughed out loud at the cardio comment and wholeheartedly agree! It will pay off :P
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

I'm betting Milton will die as well. The Gov knows it was him who torched those zombies; if he (Milton) was smart, he'd try to get the hell out of dodge asap though I don't think he'd make it long on the outside.

It's almost like he either A) wants to die or B) wants to challenge the Governor to see how far he can push him before he reacts. He claims to have known the Governor before everything went down. Maybe they have a relationship that is closer than anyone knows and Milton knows that the Governor wouldn't hurt him. Or maybe he just doesn't care anymore.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I thought it was stupid of Andrea not to verify that the walkers got the Governor. She was so nonchalant about leaving, why not take a quick look?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I thought it was stupid of Andrea not to verify that the walkers got the Governor. She was so nonchalant about leaving, why not take a quick look?
    i thought it was stupid of her to not take his car after the fact
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Tyresse and sister will join prison group. so at least 2 of the prison group will die. at least that is how the show has done it up to this point.

Woodbury has some heavy weapons and walkers bombs. Rick better have a planned counter, but looks like he does not from the previews. Dummy. he should not underestimate the gov after being able to size him up in their meeting and hearing about his past tactics.

if Rick was smart they would abandon the prison and find a secure hiding place for their food and munitions and people. make it look like they have deserted and then snipe off the guards at Woodbury one at a time on the walls. Woodbury would fall quickly.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    Andrea didn't even have to take the Governor's ride. Why didn't Andrea take the car that Rick gave her when she left the Prison after her visit? She must have left it somewhere on the road. I dont' know why she didn't run to it and DRIVE to the Prison. She'd have been in far better shape and would have made it before the Governor. And why don't people on this show actually talk to each other like normal people. Andrea could have told Tyrese and Sasha about the zombie aquariums, the caged fights, the zombie daughter kept in hiding, the attacks on Glenn and Maggie, and so much more...
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    woodbury would be so easy to take. 99% of those people in the town would follow anyone as long as they were given lemonade
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    And why don't people on this show actually talk to each other like normal people. Andrea could have told Tyrese and Sasha about the zombie aquariums, the caged fights, the zombie daughter kept in hiding, the attacks on Glenn and Maggie, and so much more...

i thought this same thing. she was doing the same thing michonne was doing and being vague about what was wrong. "he's not who you think he is" doesnt really say anything like "he has a torture chamber complete with a dentist chair and speculum all set up for my best friend" or " he was keeping decapitated zombie heads in fishtanks" or " he makes living people fight to the death when he gets mad at them".
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    And why don't people on this show actually talk to each other like normal people. Andrea could have told Tyrese and Sasha about the zombie aquariums, the caged fights, the zombie daughter kept in hiding, the attacks on Glenn and Maggie, and so much more...

i thought this same thing. she was doing the same thing michonne was doing and being vague about what was wrong. "he's not who you think he is" doesnt really say anything like "he has a torture chamber complete with a dentist chair and speculum all set up for my best friend" or " he was keeping decapitated zombie heads in fishtanks" or " he makes living people fight to the death when he gets mad at them".

I agree that Michonne needs to start talking more. I mean even when she and Andrea were wandering in the woods in the winter times she wouldn't even talk!! I thought she just didn't want to talk to Rick and the prison group because she didn't know them and didn't know if she could trust them but apparently she's just not a big talker.

As for Andrea I don't think telling Tyreese and his sister anything would have done any good. I'm glad that she planted a tiny seed of doubt but if she would have started ranting and raving and then ran away it would have been much easier to dismiss her as a crazy person.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Maybe he had the keys on him?
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Andrea didn't even have to take the Governor's ride. Why didn't Andrea take the car that Rick gave her when she left the Prison after her visit? She must have left it somewhere on the road. I dont' know why she didn't run to it and DRIVE to the Prison. She'd have been in far better shape and would have made it before the Governor. And why don't people on this show actually talk to each other like normal people. Andrea could have told Tyrese and Sasha about the zombie aquariums, the caged fights, the zombie daughter kept in hiding, the attacks on Glenn and Maggie, and so much more...

It kind of seemed like they weren't going the open the main gate for her to get a car through it. Which is why she escaped out the back wall. It also seemed like she was kind of in a hurry so wasn't going to stick around and explain stuff to Tyrese and Sasha.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Does Andrea know that they were at the prison prior to coming to Woodbury? If so, that would have been so useful.

ETA that I did catch the speculum, but I'd have been a bit worried if my husband knew what it was! I suppose it could be used to keep someone's mouth open (maybe to pour something down that funnel). I don't know how far those things open, and I don't really want to know!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options

RIght!!! She would have got to the prison way faster and would not have been so out of breathe. I was super scared when the govenor showed up as she was just making it to the prison!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

RIght!!! She would have got to the prison way faster and would not have been so out of breathe. I was super scared when the govenor showed up as she was just making it to the prison!!!

I actually jumped and screamed when he popped up and grabbed her!! He's scarier than any walker in my opinion.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Even if the Governor had the keys, couldn't she have at least slashed his tires?

Milton said to Andrea that if the Governor were killed, Martinez would just replace him. What do you think? My husband agrees, but I think Martinez would not want a war with the prison group because he realizes how badass they are any might just agree to come together against a common enemy and to generally be badasses together.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Sorry, I meant to ask - what do you all think Martinez would do if the Governor were killed? Do you think he'd just replace him and act just as crazy, or do you think he'd be more reasonable?