Time to get in shape for this riding season!

Options
I'm totally crossposting this from the COTH group here on mfp, in hopes of finding some similar souls out there. :)

I'm so ready to get in shape! I have had the worst luck over the last two years with my horses. To make a looong story short, I haven't been able to ride regularly since almost a year ago. I went through a depression phase where I've had no motivation to ride, or really even take care of myself well after all the bad luck with my horses (injuries, etc), but I am finally snapping out of it!

I still don't have any horses I can ride (other than putzing around at the walk/light trot work). But I am starting to ride some other people's horses now, and I have plans to show one horse at some dressage shows this season, and I may be able to show another mare in some hunter classes as well. Aaand, I have totally been bitten by the eventing bug! I am going to try to somehow find a horse that I can event this year, whether it means finding a way to buy another horse, or finding one who needs some ride time. We'll see what happens!

I rode today for about 25 minutes for the first time in a while, and after three or four laps of trot around the arena I was really out of breath and legs were starting to burn.. what happened to the old me who could post for 30 minutes without stirrups haha!

So my goal is to get down from my current 175 lbs. to 140 lbs. I'm 5'6" and 30 years old. I am working on making a weekly meal plan for myself and I am planning on really kickstarting everything this week with a whole new workout regimen, riding almost every day, and a new healthy diet! I am going to shoot for the stars and really try to beat this food addiction and lack of effort that I've had lately. My goal is to lose two pounds per week, and yes, I know that is a lot. I am ready for a huge, drastic change. It would mean that, in theory, I can get to my goal weight in just 4 months and that is a very exciting thought!

I am not just interested in losing weight, actually my main goal is to eat healthier. More organic raw foods, less sugar, etc...

I'm hoping to find someone who is super motivated, as I am, who is also a horsey person! Someone to check in with every single day, who is also interested in eating well and who I can share meal plans, recipes, etc with. Someone who understands why watching eventing and grand prix videos is my motivation to do this! :)

Replies

• Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm only a year younger than you and with pretty much the same starting and GW. :) I'm a veggie, though, and tend to eat too much chocolate, so my diary might not be much use to you...

Here's hoping for better luck for you this season!
  • Chrysy87
    Chrysy87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm on a mission to get my mare back in shape as well as myself and get ready for some serious trails and jumping this summer. :D
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me x
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • goodtf
    goodtf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I ride 4 to 7 horses every weekdcay morning (used to do more, can't, don't want to anymore, a bit burned out) and a couple of weekend shows a month. W/ menopause, i gained a lot of weight and it drastically affected my riding and, i feel, credibility, in the show ring. I finally hit a point last fall after viewing a video of myself, of horror at what I looked like on a horse. My poor horses!! It is a wonder they aren't all sway backed. I viewd the offe3nsive video and stilled it at one of (there were many) worst still, most unflattering (did I mention there were many??) and cut it out, saved and printed it. then I printed one of me on one of my horses from years ago. I put them both in a laminated sleeve w/ words accross the bottom "Which person are you feeding today" and put it on my refrigerator door. It helps!!! I have, w/ help of MFP and all the support I get on this site, dropped 20 pounds. Have another 15 to go
  • joellemr
    joellemr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    goodtf - i like the visual on the fridge. i know which monster i am feeding when i drink. :) keep up the already great work. and for those of you reading this, MFP has truly helped my trainer goodtf lose an amazing 20 lbs. and we all see the difference in her body and already great riding skills. i also enjoy how we harass one another when we dont log on. hopefully i will lose more weight soon. :)
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Love the photo idea - but not while I'm living in a shared house!
  • idaholawchick
    idaholawchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My motivation are those skin tight breeches for shows and the videos I'll have to review of my rides!