Love My Zumba!!!

Options
sfidler84
sfidler84 Posts: 9 Member
Hey Everyone!!

I've had my fitness pal account for a couple years, but dropped off using it fairly quickly. I'm back and I'm finally ready to change my body for good. I have struggled with weight issues for about 10 years now. After recieving a diagnosis of PCOS, my hormones decided to go crazy and it's been an uphill battle all the way for weight loss.

One of my favorite things to do is to read. I read just about anything, as long as it catches my attention. I also love to watch Glee, and dance around to their songs. Zumba has really helped give me more energy to get through my days! My sister-in-law and I have been doing aqua zumba and I have the Zumba exhilirate to do at home.

I have tried just about everything to lose weight, and get discouraged very quickly, so I need all the help and support I can get!!

My starting weight was 264
My current weight is 250
My goal weight is 145-150.

Thanks in advance for all the help and support!!

Stephanie

Replies

• geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie!

I just got back at it as well, weight just kept creeping up ;)
    Started again March 15 and will weigh in on the 22nd. I have a bad habit of weighing every morning that I am trying to break.

I decided to buy Zumba Wii Fitness 2 last Friday which set all of this in motion. Love it, although I am very uncoordinated.
    Have used it an hour a day early in the morning to start the day off right. Burn about 1000 cal on an hour session ( Wii probably overestimates but I like seeing that number!)

My start weight is 253, my goal is 187, I am 5'10"

Good luck and go get 'em girl!

Martine
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You guys! Zumba is the best! I have been doing it for two months and It is really making a difference. My stamina is stronger, my balance and coordination has improved; and I have gone down from a 16 to a 12. At first wasnt losing the weight like I wanted to; but I was losing everywhere else on my body and still am. You are going to love it! Pris
  • geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow Pris! What a change! From 16 to 12 in two months is amazing! Congrats! If I can't get my Zumba in in the morning I walk the treadmill at night. Put my iPad on there, watch an episode of Glee (still music! ;) and walk at 4.5 mph for the whole episode.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough wonderful things about Zumba!!! I love it!!!
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey Stephanie,

Don't lose heart as you are doing just fine! As another poster previously said, it's the bomb and I'm loving that you're taking into the water too because aqua zumba is so much fun!

Be patient with yourself and keep on keeping on with the dance party. In a few months, you'll be glad you did!

-Cody (licensed zumba instructor B-1, B-2, and soon Aqua and Toning.)