BBC 1 tonight 18 march 7.30

Options
Hi it's a program about sugar and what it does to the body ! Might be worth a watch .

Replies

• LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip - I'll have a look - sounds interesting :smile:
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Have set it to record on Sky+
  • mdawson47
    mdawson47 Posts: 51
    Options
    Missed it, is it worth catching on I Player?
  • Richard269
    Options
    Have a look its only for 30 mins
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    was interesting how many people think orange juice has less sugar than cola and that brown sugar is 'healthier'. liked the way they pointed out that low cal foods have loads of sugar in them...to compemsate for lack of flavour from fat.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    was interesting how many people think orange juice has less sugar than cola and that brown sugar is 'healthier'. liked the way they pointed out that low cal foods have loads of sugar in them...to compemsate for lack of flavour from fat.

I missed the programme, but are you correct in low cal foods quote? I know many use use the "low fat" label but then top up the sugars, some branded yoghurt is a good example that comes to mind

In my opinion brown, raw, cane sugar is better than white refined from sugar beet, no doubt this falls into the are free range eggs healthier than battery ones? No doubt nutrionally all are identical, but I know which I prefer
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Damnit, missed it! Will have to look on iPlayer :)
  • jannemarie74
    jannemarie74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I missed the programme, but are you correct in low cal foods quote? I know many use use the "low fat" label but then top up the sugars, some branded yoghurt is a good example that comes to mind

In my opinion brown, raw, cane sugar is better than white refined from sugar beet, no doubt this falls into the are free range eggs healthier than battery ones? No doubt nutrionally all are identical, but I know which I prefer

actually they showed how white beet sugar has less processing than brown sugar. try to watch this on catch up tv if u have it, and therefore in some people's eyes would be healthier, when in fact sugar is sugar as a calorie is a calorie lol.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share the name of the program so that I know what the subject of this thread is?
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share the name of the program so that I know what the subject of this thread is?

Bang Goes the Theory
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rh7yg
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Bang Goes the Theory
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rh7yg

Thanks. I've not seen that one. I've seen a couple of episodes before though.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Watched it last night. It answered a question that my other half and I had been pondering about HFCS. Turns out they don't put it in UK food (we're more glucose). It's the US that get it put in drinks, bread and all sorts.