Turbo Fire Newbie

Options
JediSwan
JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
I just ordered Turbo Fire today. I asked a lot of people about their experiences and did my research online and finally just ordered it. I already did P90X once and lost 25. Started Insanity and it was too intense and I got sick twice after trying to do it. So I figured I would do Turbo Fire and then hopefully that would get me into shape for Insanity. I'm excited! :)

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on week 9 and absolutely love it! I have lost about 15 pounds so far. I hope you love it and have amazing results!
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Oh wow! That's awesome. :) Great job. I hope to get results like that.
  • bara_rei
    bara_rei Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm a newbie too, I'm in the middle of my second week right now! I haven't seen much in the way of results yet, but my boyfriend's sister lost 40 pounds just with TF and healthy eating since last year. I'm hoping for the same results! Add me and we can encourage each other to keep it up!

Also, I'd love to know what you end up thinking about TF vs. Insanity and P90X. I want to do one of those after I get done with TF, but I don't know which one yet.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    40lbs? I'm jealous, I've lost 19 so far and on week 13, advanced classes.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    I will definitely post what I think of all three against each other.

Right now Insanity v P90X. While P90X is a great program and helped me lost 25. Its almost like its good to do just once and then you crave something more challenging. Insanity is great and definitely challenging but almost killed me twice . .. so . . . I think once I get up there to handle Insanity without wanting to fall down from not getting enough oxygen, I will love it! LOL

And I always say even if you dont see results right away, keep plugging along cause you will eventually. Just takes some time :)
  • determined136
    Options
    I am currently on week 2 and I LOVE it! I too did Insanity for about a week and it was brutal and I just couldn't do it.

I don't think that you will regret TurboFire for one minute. It is fun and fast paced and I tell you what....I was sore in places I didn't know I had. Good luck!!!!:bigsmile:
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Thanks. :) I suppose that's good to hear. Being sore is good . . . for the most part.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    I didn't wear shoes with P90X or Insanity. Is it necessary for Turbo Fire? LOL I dont like shoes or socks.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear shoes with P90X or Insanity. Is it necessary for Turbo Fire? LOL I dont like shoes or socks.

yes shoes is definitely necessary except for the stretch 40 class. you are doing a lot of jumping and bouncing around and need to pivot a lot, so save your knees and wear a good pair of shoes! I'm sure you will love TurboFire...they also have a 9 week prep schedule that is still intense but just doesn't include a couple of the most difficult classes if you wanted to start out a bit slower. good luck! :)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options

yes shoes is definitely necessary except for the stretch 40 class. you are doing a lot of jumping and bouncing around and need to pivot a lot, so save your knees and wear a good pair of shoes! I'm sure you will love TurboFire...they also have a 9 week prep schedule that is still intense but just doesn't include a couple of the most difficult classes if you wanted to start out a bit slower. good luck! :)

where is the 9 week prep schedule is that in the book?
  • JediSwan
    Options
    I dont have my stuff yet so I dont know :)
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I found the prep schedule on the beach body website in the super gym. I'm not using it though, I did one week of the fire starter schedule and now I started the regular schedule yesterday.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I found it on their website I think I am just going to follow the schedule that came with it. Thanks!
  • Beata375
    Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too, I'm in the middle of my second week right now! I haven't seen much in the way of results yet, but my boyfriend's sister lost 40 pounds just with TF and healthy eating since last year. I'm hoping for the same results! Add me and we can encourage each other to keep it up!

Also, I'd love to know what you end up thinking about TF vs. Insanity and P90X. I want to do one of those after I get done with TF, but I don't know which one yet.

I haven't done TF (yet ~ planning to start April 1st) but I've done Insanity and LOVED IT!!!!!!!! My husband has done P90X, and he likes it, but personally after doing the intensity of Insanity, I can't imagine enjoying p90X. It's def a great workout, but I love the rush of Insanity much more than the sound of Tony Horton and all his little 1 liners ;) LOL
  • Beata375
    Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start the program on the 1st. So excited... anyone else starting around then?