Nearing the end of week 1.........

Options
melonerski
melonerski Posts: 311 Member
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing so far. We're almost done with week 1. How is the weekly challenge going? Too easy? Too hard? Just what you needed? Don't forget that if you feel it's too easy or too hard you can go in and adjust it to what you need. What I put in is just a suggestion to at least get you doing "something" during the week. =D Hope everyone is doing well on this!
Melissa

Replies

• jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to be doing a lot of squats over the weekend! I got behind with my hectic schedule...I think next week that I will look ahead and see the numbers on each exercise and break it down by day...but I've always been a procrastinator...so yeah...

I've been doing okay with my calories, but just mostly holding steady right now....maybe I need to have a couple low calorie days and higher calorie days to shake me up? Or it could be normal fluctuations...I'm just trying to keep eating healthy, exercising, and staying positive! Plus still fighting a cold!
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    I have been LAZY this week! There, I said it. This challenge has helped me not lose sight completely so I am still managing to lose a little weight. I plan on a really active weekend to get me in the groove for a not so lazy week next week.
  • erikacole
    erikacole Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ok man, I am going to sound very stupid....but where are the challenges? :(
  • melonerski
    Options
    the challenges are on the spreadsheet that u weigh in on. at the bottom of the spreadsheet there is a tab to click for challenges.
  • agrooters4
    Options
    I think I am going to have to break up the challenges as well, and write up a plan of action! I am training for a half marathon (this will be my 4th one). I run it next week, so it has been a little difficult adding the challenges to my running plan. I am doing high miles right now, and anything extra just takes it out of me. After the race next week, I will be doing more of the challenges.

I am at a lull right now too. I am eating less, and I do exercise quite a bit. My body is becoming accustomed to running, so even though I am burning calories, my body isn't shedding the weight. So I think switching things up a bit after next week by doing the challenges will be a great boost!
  • jezama77
    Options
    I really want to attempt my first half marathon this fall! Kudos to you! :)
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If I could only hold a plank for 5 minutes!! Otherwise, I'm doing great!!
  • KathyR714
    KathyR714 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Those planks will definitely be the death of me!! LOL!! But the other stuff I've enjoyed and had jello legs from! That's always a great thing!! It means it working!!
  • jezama77
    Options
    I read the planks to be 5 one-minute planks... Did I misunderstand or is it choice? I've never held a plank for anywhere close to five minutes! A minute is fine, but much longer...phew! And do the rest of you do full all the way up sit-ups or crunches? Just curious... :) Anyone have weekend difficulties? I am hosting a party tonight, so everyone think healthy thoughts! I'm hoping that I can moderate my food/alcohol intake so that I can do okay for weigh-in tomorrow!

Any tips besides, don't drink...lol! :) (which I may end up doing because sometimes it's like potato chips...hard to just have 'one'...and with drinking I tend to eat more...)
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This last week was spring break so I was house sitting for a friend... therefore I was at the mercy of her fridge/pantry. I am retaking a board exam so my stress is HIGH right now... however I retest TOMORROW so hopefully my studying will be DONE!

I think it would be fun to change the section that says "45 minute workout" to say a certain number of minutes exercised per week (like maybe 200-300?). It would give a fun goal that could be broken up rather than having to dedicate 45 minutes at a time... make sense? Just a suggestion :)
  • erikacole
    erikacole Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to have to break up the challenges as well, and write up a plan of action! I am training for a half marathon (this will be my 4th one). I run it next week, so it has been a little difficult adding the challenges to my running plan. I am doing high miles right now, and anything extra just takes it out of me. After the race next week, I will be doing more of the challenges.

I am at a lull right now too. I am eating less, and I do exercise quite a bit. My body is becoming accustomed to running, so even though I am burning calories, my body isn't shedding the weight. So I think switching things up a bit after next week by doing the challenges will be a great boost!

Congrats on the upcoming half! I am training for my 3rd one right now. It isn't until mid May. So I am at 6 miles today. I am a super slow person though....I walk/jog and very slow. But I still do them :) Good luck on your run!
  • melonerski
    Options
    For the planks.......you hold them for as long as u can hold them to reach a total of 5 min during the week. so for newbies to planks try holding it for 30sec increments.
  • 1MTchocolatier
    Options
    Thanks for asking, because I was wondering the same thing and even posted a question but maybe not in the right place to get an answer. Thanks again!